Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Member
posted
That is an interesting article (the one about making cable steel). My cousins, who own Baltimore Knife and Sword, made some beautiful patterned material by using old chain saw chains.

Baltimore Knife and Sword

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
WOW ! those knife and swards are out of this world
I will contact him for some dials perhaps.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
my latest project spinning propeller metal dial made on cnc laser, eta 6498 movement .

Life Member
posted
Tell Kerry or Matt That "newt" sent you to them. They will not know who Dave Booth is, but will think you are pulling a fast one, because I am a "junior", and their "Uncle David" died back in 2003.

I think Kerry would enjoy the challenge of making a billet with small enough materials to show well in the area allowed by a watch dial. (Ask him if he got the guilloche cutting engine up and running yet.)

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
posted
Pulsar P1 Proto-type. Thought I would try it out b4 I sell it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 22, 2015
IHC Life Member
posted
197x Zenith

Kenneth Sloan

Posts: 222 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: February 01, 2014
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Omega 3570.50. Daily wear since 2010, no exceptions except for maybe a little something additional in the pocket.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
This ain't no Rolex, but I found it the other day in my junk drawer. Put a new battery in and she's my daily driver for the last couple of days!

Pulsar Y960-601R. So far, I've got about $.42 in it.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Life Member
posted
No photo, but today I wore a Timex 21 self-wind that I bought in the CinCLantFlt Navy Exchange (that's PX, for you Army guys) on May 10, 1965, for the huge outlay of $10.66.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Here's my deal of the day... Pulsar PS9105

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1338
posted
My old 60s Waltham 25 with a very stained dial
Not worth refinishing, but dont look real bad, I wear it when working outside.

25 Jewel manual...probably French

Found in junk drawer years ago, have never serviced it, I'm on the 3rd strap, still times out.

William, I would consider a trade for that old Speedmaster you have. You wouldn't even have to put any money with.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 2030
posted
Tom, the the Waltham is excellent.
This seiko is not rare or valuable but wearable,

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
Life Member
posted
Mike, your comment that the Waltham is excellent made me think of car collectors. They'd pooh-pooh a car in that condition, but they also wouldn't consider taking their precious show mobile out in the rain. Watch collectors appreciate that watches were meant to be WORN (or carried, in the case of pocket watches). :-)

IHC Member 1338
posted
Yeah the Waltham is a perfect watch to wear...
Here's my OTHER "wearing" watch when I'm not working
A mid 60s 17J Manual Wittnauer with a diamond at 12
Clean. Simple. Like new condition. Pd $63 bucks with shipping on fleabay for it, just the right size for me

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
100% Swiss 42 mm case with sapphire crystal
2836-2 high beat of 28800 eta automatic movement
I love the second hand swiping motion on this watch .
Custom build for me by me Smile

IHC Life Member
posted
new arrival

Kenneth Sloan

Posts: 222 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: February 01, 2014
posted
nice regulator whats under the hood(movement)

posted
Pontiac Hydrolica, swiss.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: June 25, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Pontiac Hydraulica: https://youtu.be/2T2qiUKq118

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
I Just got my wife Marisa one of these Seiko 21 jewel autowind cal 7S26C military style watches. These movements have been around for many years, are adequately accurate and extremely reliable. Also looks handsome on the wrist of this rather choosy and tasteful Italian girl. She likes it.

William

posted
1975 Caravelle not too big 37 mm in size

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Armitron 1980 vintage

Dave Turner