Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Face:
It actually looks better than this picture. The hands appear to be tarnished in the photo. Confused

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Yellow seems to be the colour of the day Wink

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Seiko "Pogue"...Not only the first automatic wrist-chronograph, but also the first to be worn in space by Col. William Pogue.
Colonel William Reid Pogue, Born. 23. January 1930 in Okemah, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma; † 3. March 2014 in Cocoa Beach, Florida...
A bit of information...

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Werner those seiko been also know as the pepsi
to some collectors.
mine is on page 58 in this post.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Hi Peter, I do believe yours is a later version, the dial configuration is different and the word "Chronograph" has disappeared from yours Wink

posted
perhaps.

posted
...but both lovely watches...
Did you read what was written in that link I posted, makes them both all the more interesting IMHO.

posted
Agree and those are great watches to have in collection.

IHC Life Member
posted
This is my 1939 Rolex Oyster "Imperial" Chronometre. Chris Abell just finished doing a COA, crystal, mainspring, and minor polish. This is probably my favorite Rolex....at least for this month, ha, ha, ha!!!

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a better shot (off the wrist).

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
And here is the movement.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Very nice Bruce,
Chris recently restored a bubbleback Perpetual Oyster, that looked much like this one for a friend of mine. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the after results.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Omega planet Ocean today

posted
Late 60's-early 70's Rado Garland, on a rare Montal beads of rice band.

Posts: 77 | Location: Ilkeston in England | Registered: March 22, 2013
posted
Weathers fine, so an Omega Cosmic today Wink

IHC Member 1411
posted
here is my Ball Trainmaster. It was given as a retirement watch to R,M,Peart of the EJ&E Railway {Elgin,Joliet& Eastern Ry} in 1964. If possible I would like to know who Mr Peart was.

Posts: 232 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 26, 2010
IHC Member 1411
posted
The Back

Posts: 232 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 26, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
This is a 1938 Omega that I just finished restoring. It is 15j, 12 ligne, cal. 100 movement. In 2010 I bought the movement on eBay. It didn't have a crown and the stem was broken off inside the movement. It ran, but would stop every now and then, so I did a COA on it. I found a nice case in my inventory that fit, but still had the problem with the broken stem. Just this week I tried matching up the broken stem with something from my inventory. I came up with one that was close, but not close enough. I decided to see if I could cut down the two areas on the stem that were too big. This was my first attempt at actually cutting metal on my lathe. Happy to say, I successfully reduced the dimensions of the stem in three different areas and it is now fully functional in the watch. I picked out an oversized crown from my crown collection and that finished off the project. Band is genuine crocodile.

IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a shot of the 12 ligne movement.

posted
Great watch and the satisfaction that you got it back ticking priceless!
Enjoy the watch Bruce.

IHC Life Member
posted
This is a 10.5 ligne Rolex dating to around 1930 or 1931. Not quite finished with the project, but had it together enough to wear today. Project started with a solid gold, NOS case that I found on eBay 3 years ago. After a lot of procrastination I finally got around to installing a period correct movement, dial, stem, etc. I still need to restore the damage to the dial down around 5:00. May take it all apart and do a COA also at some point (maybe over the winter when I am snowed in, hahaha).

Life Member
posted
Great looking Omega and Rolex.

Here is my Omega 1953-54 cal.354 Constellation, SS with gold arrowhead markers and hands.

And of course, the cross hairs are the cherries on top. Smile

Posts: 85 | Location: North Texas in the USA | Registered: July 28, 2013