Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 81
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Bulova, in fact just give me a moment...

ta-da!

Complete with bonus stepped Elgin for your streamlined moderné viewing pleasure! (shame the Elgin runs about an hour fast every day, d'oh!)

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The Elgin and the Art Deco (you mean the Seiko above?) are both early 60's, I believe. I can check further if it matters. The Elgin is S/N T73945.

TODAY! Cool I am wearing my freshly found Elgin Model 730A Durabalance B.W. Raymond RR Grade manual wind watch! This is marked on the back cover as s/n RR6 10630, and it HACKS! Eek

Didn't kknow that neat little feature until I received it from the family of a "Railroad Engineer who wore this in the 1950's".

It came with a Speidel Monthly Calendar expansion band that might fit me if I shaved off about 3 inches of wrist circumference, so it is held on by a "china" thing now.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
yesterday, I was mostly wearing:

Hmm.. shame about the dial, but otherwise loverly..

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Today, I wore this glorious 'Muirex.

Muirex 3

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
What a superb, 'Rays of Sun' dial!

Muirex 2

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Dated 1935.

Inscription on back!

Muirex 7

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Movement.

Adjusted to '2' Positions.

I have replaced strap with an Antique style 'Red with Black border'.

A truly GLORIOUS 1935 Time Piece.

Timely regards.

Roy.

Muirex 8

posted
Waltham 14k.

Posts: 3 | Location: Washington State in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2008
posted
Today I am wearing an Illinois "Derby." I have two of these and they both have a 21j grade 601 movement, although every source that I have seen states that the Derby has a 17j movement. This is one of my favorite watches becausethe 601 is possibly Illinois' highest grade wristwatch.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
Here is my Illinois 601:

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
Here is a Bulova that I purchased recently for only two dollars, but the repairs cosat way more than I will ever get out of it. Still, it is a high grade watch and I like it a lot. I can't tell whether the crystal is plastic or glass, so it may need to be changed, since it has that yellow tint. Can any Bulova experts out there tell me anything about this model? It seems to be a very high grade movement--highly jeweled.

posted
Wore this Gruen Curvex calibre:370 last night Its only worn on special occasions my usual everyday watch is a Bravingtons Renown

Posts: 21 | Location: England in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 05, 2008
posted
Here`s the innards

Posts: 21 | Location: England in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 05, 2008
posted
Today I wore my Harwood automatic (first english automatic wristwatch)

Approx 30mm dia, circa 1920/30.

Not in particularly good condition but original dial - my preference is for a silver or gold version rather than gold plate, but this watch runs very well indeed and keeps good time.

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
posted
The movement.

You can see the wheel that engages with the bezel to alter the hands at the top.

posted
Clive: That is one sweet watch. The bezel sets the time, I presume? What a great, rare watch. Thank you for sharing!

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Here's what I wore yesterday:-

1975, that's just how 70s it is!

edited to add, and thanks to Photobucket's new helpful and feature packed interface that only took 5 minutes to resize, thanks Photobucket. Nice to seee the same people responsible to ebay's changes are still in employment.

posted
After yesterdays shock, of a round watch, here's what I've been mostly wearing today

Westerfield/Bulova stepped tank (C) shaped watch, with dead tastful Mother of Pearl Dial, which I suspect may not be orginal!

posted
Scott - thank you for your kind comments about the Harwood.

Yes the hands are set by the bezel.

You turn the bezel until the red dot on the dial turns white the hands are then engaged and you can set to time.You then reverse the action until the whire dot appears red.

The story behind these watches is facinating and I admire the ingenuity of the man.

Stephen - i love the art deco period and think that Bulova watches are so undervalued. The case design and the movements are excellent (often jewelled to the centre).

posted
This is a watch I pieced together from two separate purchases of incomplete watches. It may be a mutt, but I like it.

posted
Here is the movement:

posted
Enicar auto, 1147B mvt, the dial and markers really do it for me.

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008