Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
IWC Mk XII

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Member 1550
posted
Bulova Diver c. 1968 17j. automatic. Great everyday driver.

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
A CLASSIC SEIKO 6105-8110 DIVE WATCH

Roddy JB

Posts: 1386 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
posted
Really liking your Seiko Roddy, would look great in my watch collection Big Grin

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Very nice forum . It gives a down to earth view of the joy of collecting watches . Where could I find out about shows or clubs in the New England area

Posts: 1 | Location: Newport, Rhode Island in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2010
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
Wearing an Accutron Gemini chronograph today featuring a Valjoux 7750 movement. One of my favorite modern watches.

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
posted
Thats a beautiful watch Chris, I love how clean the dial looks for a Chrono. Classic looking and yet so modern at the same time.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
Yeah, that's why I like it so much too. Many chronos are just too busy or "sporty" looking. The Gemini (now discontinued) line has a much more austere look. It's not too dressy but not too flash either. Plus the 7750 movement is just rock solid.

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Great looking watch Chris....I too, really like the clean appearance and simple look and by 'Simple' I mean, sometimes the Chrono's look like one needs to have a "Dr." or "PhD." after their name in order to fully operate the thing....this one does not look that way and I love it....

Roddy, I really like your Seiko also....

Frank, your South Bend 'Studebaker' is really classic looking....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1508
posted
Today I wore the only wristwatch I've got that is working...my 1944 Hamilton 987A military wristwatch. Man! I love that thing!!

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
posted
I started buying these watches in the mid sixtys. I never wore a common watch until I hit sixty. Pocket Hamilton at work days. And an Omega Automatic Mk 4 most days off. The Day Date and two sweep hands one for seconds the other for minutes caught my eye at Bill Savitts Jewelery store in Hartford Ct. $347 in 1974. This was the price "midpoint" of expensive watches non gold.

Posts: 77 | Location: Hartford, Connecticut in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2010
posted
Hi Bill, nice watch and if you want, I´m willing to pay new price if you want to sell it! Big Grin
Heres another golden oldie...A Glashütte diver from 1991. A transitional piece made by the then renamend GUB Glashütte (before the iron curtain came down and germany was unified). Rather rare nowerdays. Heres a link to info with a translator on the top of the page.
Glashütte

The resemblance to a Rolex Submariner is of course unintentional Big Grin

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
I'm just a simple man and wear a simple watch, but a great time keeper and does everything I need a wristwatch to do....

Elgin caliber 770, 23jewel....this is happens to be a Presentation Watch to a Donald R. Natzke in 1963, by Johnson Motors....

Regards,

Jerry

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
The back side with inscription....

Regards,

Jerry

posted
Jerry I am like you most of the time. My Hamilton RR Pocket Watches are certainly no frills type watches. But in the summer I like car and boat races seen from the sideline so a Chronograph comes in handy for me.

Posts: 77 | Location: Hartford, Connecticut in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2010
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Cabot Watch Company (CWC). 29 jewel Valjoux 7760

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
Nice watch Mathew, is it an issued piece, or does it come from Silvermanns, London?

posted
This came from Silvermans. It's the LE 1970's remake. Much higher quality in fit and finish then the issued 17J Valjoux 7733.

posted
New user here but been a collector for many years...Today I decided to wear my favorite 1961 model Accutron 214 14k gold filled...Yesterday it was a Tissott automatic after I got off work. I usually wear a cheap Casio or Timex watch for work since I work in construction.

Wayne

Posts: 3 | Location: Ponca City, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: December 19, 2010
posted
Wayne, any pic's? A 1961 Accurtron is a prize indeed...

posted
This is what I wore today. Waltham 15 jewel O size c1913

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
This, my only Omega and its a favorite of mine. I started out the New Year with it.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007