Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Stephen your Benrus needs no explanation. Really neat watch.

Werner I love that Rolex sub.

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
I fancy this today;
Ebel Sportwave

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
How about this one, Seiko 153-5007.The first watch calculator, which was soon copied in plasic by casio etc. I bought this new in the 70´s and it cost a small fortune in those days Big Grin
found it in a drawer today, popped a new battery in and away it went!

posted
Very nice Calculator watch, I remember wearing one just like it.
Today I wore my 25 jewel automatic Atlantic Worldmaster

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Today I wore my NOS Tissot Seastar, automatic. Really is a beauty, the second photo shows the back with appears to be a pressure release valve of some kind. I purchased this as NOS with the attached seawater resistant shark band but I have no documentation for the watch and have not seen another like it.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
I believe the band is shark skin but not entirely sure, has anyone seen one like this?

posted
Today I wore this refurbished Bucherer. With Rolex chronometer movement.

posted
Today a Hamilton Khaki workhorse

posted
and today...This Xezo limited edition. Case is made of Silver with a 25j Eta movt. Nice curved case fits good on the wrist.

posted
another shot

posted
Ray thats quite a collection you have there yourself...Here´s an Orfina Bundeswehr Issued to the german pilots/Military!

posted
Nice Chronograph Werner.

Dashboard behind it reminds me of my long gone Porsche 911? Frown

posted
Do you mean like this one? When you buy a Porsche design Chrono, you get the car with it! Big Grin

posted
Exactly what I meant..Beautiful car. Wish I still had my 84 Sapphire Blue targa with tan interior. Was one of the best cars to drive.

posted
This brings back happy memories!
Porsches were my staple diet way back in the late 70's early 80's when I was churning out hand built turbo conversions.

Now, if you want to turn a typically pedestrian 3.0 ltr 911 Targa into a proper road burner, try this conversion ..............

This was a BAE (California) system imported by a client that I shoehorned into a 1980 3 speed Sportmatic model.
The motor was also fully blueprinted and balanced, and the K-Jetronic injection modded to suit 7.lbs boost on a European spec engine!
0-62MPH (100KPH) in 1st gear took 4.7 seconds, and the rev limiter banging away in top gear was something to behold!

Porsche threw a major wobbly over this little tweak and ripped up the warranty papers on the car!
Their theory was that at high speed on max boost with the roof panel off, the excess torque would twist the shell enough to allow the back window to blow out!
It never did ........... Big Grin

John

911 Turbo

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
THE HOT PORSCHE MOTOR REMINDS ME OF THE ADAC 1000KM IN 1956 AT THE NURBURGRING WITH POLICE PORSCHES FROM THE AUTOBAHN PARKED AT THE FRONT OF THE TRACK. I MET A GUY IN THE PITS WITH A LITTLE CAR ,ALUMINUM BODY WITH YELLOW AND GREEN RONDELLS!!! I SAID TO HIM ,WHAT KIND OF A CAR IS THIS? HE SAID"I CALL IT THE LOTUS CLIMAX. IT HAS A MODIFIED COVENTRY CLIMAX ENGINE." I SAID ,VERY VERY NICE CAR. HE SHOOK MY HAND AND SAID "THANK YOU VERY MUCH! MY NAME IS COLIN CHAPMAN". ALSO MET FANGIO, MOSS ,HERMAN , TRINTIGNANT AND THE ENTIRE DRIVER AND OWNER CONTINGENT OF ECURIE ECOSSE WITH THIER AWESOME D-JAGS. WONDERFUL MEMORIES SORRY FOR THE CAPS Roll Eyes

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
That turbo conversion would have been perfect for my 3.o ltr John...Wish I’d have had it in 1990 Eek

posted
quote:
Now, if you want to turn a typically pedestrian 3.0 ltr 911 Targa into a proper road burner, try this conversion ..............
What a beautiful engine Eek .
Just send it over as it is John, 0-100kmh in 4.7 is a serious challenge to a lot of Japanese Motorcycles!...
No, seriously gentlemen, the car belongs to my wife, it´s been her car for the last 29 years! Its a 1981 3,0l 911 SC Targa with a K-Jetronic.
She can´t drive it anymore because of foot problems, so now and again I have offered to drive it for her Big Grin . She refuses to sell it though!
Nice anecdote Tom, must be wonderful memories of times gone by...
Sorry about the thread, wristwatches not Porsches!!!
Regards Werner

posted
here´s an early Hanhart, double pusher Chronograph, made just after the 2.WW

posted
Now that’s a beauty.

Being that Hanhart watches were made in Germany, are they in abundance for sale there as well?

posted
Ray, I wouldn´t call them obsolete, but fairly rare and fairly expensive. Especially if you can find one in top condition! They were more a tool watch for the upcoming airline pilots of the post war era.