Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
another favorite of mine today, Seiko early 70´s Chronograph.

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Nice watches Werner!

I got this watch today in a batch lot. Do you know anything about Swiss 100? It's big & I can read it without my glasses. Eek It's a 25 jewel automatic & has a world time bezel.

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
Hi Wayne, I can´t see enough to be able to read the dial properly.(but it looks good) Big Grin

posted
Here´s a beautiful watch I recently bought on grounds of sentimentality. Longines Conquest Cal.6651, 9ct gold.
Movement – an “ULTRA CHRONO” Automatic calibre 6651, 28,800 bph, in superb condition, just serviced and running well, signed “Longines, 25 Jewels, Swiss made, adjusted four 4 positions and temperatures”. This fast beat movement was only produced between 1972 & 1976.
It was a reminder of my childhood, because the watch was presented to the artist David J.T.Henderson in 1973 by the publishers D.C.Thomson &Co. Ltd for an amazing 47 years service.
David Henderson took over the drawing of Denis the Menace in 1970 and is reputed to have drawn many other characters during his 47 years on the drawing staff at D.C.Thomson &Co. Ltd. see attached link:
http://schulzlibrary.wordpress...-the-heart-and-soul/(My mother used to buy me the Beano Comic regularly! )
The watch was in a sorry state when found but has now been revised to this...

posted
Good find, I use to love the Beano!

And this seems to be the best place to put this, it's not my watch as I'm not 'The woz', but, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4R3hODnTGo

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
Boy that longines is a beauty werner. Great restoration.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
This is an early Abercrombie & Fitch wrist watch that I purchased on eBay late last year. This is how it looked when I took delivery.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
This is the watch after restoration. The white enamel dial was excellent except for the A & F labeling. I sent it to International dial and the only restoration they did was the Abercrombie & Fitch lettering. The rest of the dial did not need redoing. I did a complete COA and replaced the mainspring. I also polished the case and had William White make and install a new crystal. The band was purchased from a gentleman in England that specializes in these WWI style wide bands. I now wear this watch on a regular basis (it is on my wrist right now and I love it!!).

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
You did a lovely job!! Are you familiar with the Abercrombie and Fitch Angelus chronographs? I recently acquired one , all excellent original condition and working fine and keeping good time except the sweep seconds zeroing button isn't working???

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Tom, this is my first Abercrombie & Fitch watch. Even though I have been collecting and restoring for a few years, I have never owned a chronograph and don't have any knowledge of their inner workings. I am sure you will get some great responses from some of the more advanced watchmakers in the club. Sounds like a neat watch.

posted

A new (still with plastic film on crystal) German made (hmm...) Watch from China, cheap and cheerful, and the sort of size seen on simon Cowell or professional footballers!

size comparison picture:-

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
I started off wearing this Wittnauer diving watch that I just finished refurbishing and adding a new Zulu nato strap to, when... my doorbell rings and imagine my surprise when the postal delivery person hands me a package from Hannover, Germany......

See next post.....

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
I open the box and find this from my good friend Werner Rosier. A fully refurbished Titoni Airmaster Eek which I am proudly wearing at this moment. Thanks again Werner, you’ve made my day.

posted
Ray, it seem like you have a faible for black dialed watches!...Glad you like it...wear it in good health!... Smile

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Ray, great refurb on the Wittnauer. I like that Titoni also. Black dial watches are easier to read, according to me! Cool

Wayne

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
Werner,
I love your restoration work, especially the Longines.

Dave

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Yes I love the black dials..Easier to read..Indeed.
Here is what I am wearing tomorrow, Ready to go. Seiko diver 6309 in of course, a black dial Smile

posted
Hi thia may be off topic for now but could smomebody tell me about a jump hour watch with i just picked up to-day there is no name on the dial or back it just says swiss made on the rear of the case andmade in u.s.a. on the band i haven't taken it apart as i am not to familiar with taking apart watces my hand are to shakeyif anybody could help please let me know thanks

Lloyd

Posts: 17 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2010
posted
Hi Lloyd, can you post some pictures?. That would surely help.

posted
Hi RAY i don't have a camera or scanner but i will try to have a friend come over with his camera and send one i can't find it in the watches by Shugart either thanks for the reply

Lloyd

Posts: 17 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2010
posted
In keeping with my "black dial” mood..A 70’s era Croton Chrongraph with new NATO strap although I think I will soon be changing it for an all black one.

posted
Ray, you have some beautiful divers in your collection, some that I have´t even heard of.
Congratulations on such a fine collection.