Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Omega Speedmaster Professional fresh from service.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Face of Omega Speedmaster.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
Today I'm wearing my 1949 Bulova which I think is a Broadcaster.

Posts: 7 | Location: Nova Scotia in Canada | Registered: January 22, 2011
posted
Hey Terry,Welcome to the forums. Nice Bulova. I have a 1950 model like it,except mine has a black dial. It is one of my favorites.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
Here is a pic of the 1961 Accutron and an odd one I have came across that I do like. It is a Pequignet Moorea line, it is Swiss made but it is unlike any I have seen before. It is an AutoQuartz, much like an automatic, it has the rotor assembly on the back, but from research, it is just there to charge an internal battery. I had never heard of the company before, so I looked it up and that is what I found out. I also have another Pequignet that I picked up at the same time that is a 51 jewel Automatic Chronograph that I would like to get fixed up. Wayne

Posts: 3 | Location: Ponca City, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: December 19, 2010
posted
Here is the Pequinet

Posts: 3 | Location: Ponca City, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: December 19, 2010
posted
Breitling headwind from the windrider series

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
After 6 months steady wearing of my trusty 1965 Bulova Accutron Astronaut. I received a mint 1959 Bulova 23 jewel ww with a black sunburst dial today, and just have to give it a test drive.

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
Wayne, these Bulova 23 jewel watches are, in my opinion, fantastic and very accurate. I have one self winding similar to yours and one that is manual wind, hack set, and marked "Transportation Special."

chas

Posts: 63 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 20, 2006
posted
Wore this nameless beauty, yesterday:-

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
Since modern wrist watches came up in another thread I thought I'd post my current favorite. It's an Omega Planet Ocean. I like it so much that it's been more or less glued to my wrist since getting it. My vintage pieces are sad.

Omega Planet Ocean

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
posted
My 1970 Bulova Chronograph "C"

AKA - Stars & Strips

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Today, as well as most days, it's the venerable caliber 1861 Omega Speedmaster 3570.50. This watch is essentially the same as it's been for over 40 years; a simple, unpretentious 3 register stainless steel chronograph that in my opinion represents not only a pinnacle in Swiss watchmaking technology, but also a fabulous bargain when buying one either new or used. Mine was purchased last May and I've had zero problems with it. It holds a rate of +/- 1.5 seconds/24hrs. It looks great, it feels great and it is great with it's rich historical significance as well. It's the wristwatch I wore today and my very favorite of all time. When I'm done with it, my son will wear it for another 50 years! Smile

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
The MSRP for the 3570.50 has gone up drastically recently. Used prices have spiked over the last 12 months as well. I've been wanting to add one to my collection, but they just aren't the bargain they once were anymore.

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Chris,

I noticed too that the retail price was increased by $200. Last year it was $3,850 and now $4,050. Awesome Planet Ocean by the way!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
William, here are my favourites Speedmaster Pro, I(pre moon)&II, Cal 861,

IHC Life Member
posted
Werner,

Nice watches! I used to have a cal 321 speedmaster pro and it too was a superb watch. I wore that one for about 20 years straight!

William

Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
Great pictures! The Speedy moon is such a beauty. It looks great from every angle.

posted
William, what happened to your cal 321, you didn´t get rid of it, did you? Eek
Chris, not only beautiful, but worth collecting, because the price is only going one way...UP

IHC Life Member
posted
Werner,

I sold it about 8 years ago and have regretted it ever since so that's why I had to get a new one. Now I'm happy again.

William

IHC Member 1338
posted
Took the Invicta "Ocean Ghost"
with the black MOP Dial out.

This has a modified Seagull ST-1902 22 Jewel
Manual Wind Chronograph movement running at 21,600 BPH. Here's a little better shot of the ST-1902

Invicta spent a lot of time and money to bring these to market, they never did sell well (Original Retail was $1495.00) and have since been discontinued. They're really a pretty nice watch.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
Picture of Steve Kanter
posted
I'm new to IHC185. Today (7/28/2011) I wore my Puritan with SS case back, and SS Speidel band. I wear this watch because its cheap (Walmart, $19), and I don't worry if something happends to it.

I have a small pocket watch collection and also have a small wrist watch collection, of which three are Bulova's. One is a 1964 accutron Rail Road approved in a 10k case, one is a 1961 SS 23 jewel self winding, and the third is a (not sure)in a 10k case. I'll post pictures when I figuire it out. Great site!

Posts: 3 | Location: Gulfport, Mississippi in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011