Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Posted by Robert Wagner in "What Watch Did You Wear Today" forum - 1928 Bulova Curtis

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Those are really neat Bulovas. The ad makes it even better.
I think this one is posted somewhere else here, but I will add it to the Bulova group.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Bill,

Does that great dial have the sparkle effect or more likely is it an example of the etched rice-paper effect? It's quite nice!

Regards,
Rick

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Rick,

The dial does has sort of a sparkle to it, but I didn't keep the glare spots off of it very well either. It was hard to take a picture of, I know that. I would guess your right on the rice-paper effect.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Yes, that's not a curtis:-

That's a Curtis...

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
This today.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Sorry to be off topic but thought you might like to see an original ad for the the above Bulova Trojan.

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Stephen,
Seems on topic to me & keep them coming. Interestig stuff. Below is an ad depicting a Trojan, but is labeled a Conqueror. I'm quite sure the ad is labled in error. Ya recon?

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
IHC Member 935
posted
Wearing from ridiculous to sublime because I am wearing my Seiko Sumo while I search for my second Patek Phillipe, possibly a Gondolo, maybe the 5024.

Posts: 175 | Location: Davis, California USA | Registered: March 10, 2007
posted
Wayne, when Bulova re-badged the 1926 Bulova Conqueror to the Lone Eagle they also re-badged the Trojan to the Conqueror to take it's place.

Confussed.... Confused

Have a look at this page to show both versions:
http://www.mybulova.com/search-bulova-watches?tid=18

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Stephen, on the mybulova website using the above link, there is a 1925 Conquerer 10P picture that depicts what other info shows as a Lone Eagle cut-corner (art deco eagle) (1927-28) case. That is confusing! Please un-confuse me.
P.S. You have done a great job on the my bulova website. Great information that needs to be available for Bulova fans. Thanks. I will join as soon as I get some time. I have several Bulova wristwatches with great pictures with several angles obtained from the sellers that you might want to list.

Wayne

posted
Like every other day the last few weeks, I wore a Illinois Consul. Today's example is a rather rare one in solid green gold.

Rick

posted
Wayne, when I initially had this watch back a few years ago, I believed it to be a 1927 Bulova Lone Eagle. Since studying this series in more detail over the years and zoning in on the possible serial number range of the original 5000 I concluded that this particular one pre-dated that of the original 1927 Bulova Lone Eagles and was in fact a Bulova Conqueror. I believe this one had a circle date stamp indicating 1925.

Always happy to have a vintage Bulova watch added to the myBulova.com website. Smile

posted
Rick, now that's a great vintage watch...very classic of the 1920s....my favourate era for watches.

posted
This one today...

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Stephen,

I'm glad that you liked my green Consul -- this is my very favorite watch! Actually, these days I wear nothing byt watches from about 1925-1934, or so. Between the Illinois Consul, Marquis, Jolly Roger, and Hamilton Oval and Square, I find most of my needs met. (Good thing as I own well over 40 examples of these 5 models. LOL) Today I wore a nice engraved white gold Illinois Consul with a rare sub-6 dial.

Rick

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Rick,
I like that Consul, just beautiful. Your other watches sound most interesting & would fit well in the "Show US Your Watches Made Before 1950" forum. Please show us your collection. I have been wondering who has all the Illinois wristwatches.

Wayne

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Werner, that's a cool chrono!

Wayne

posted
Today I have been mostly wearing:-

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Stephen,

Can you post all the details on that beautiful Waltham. Please!!!

posted
Oopsie! Can't seem to find where I've put it!

But just to make it up, here's another Waltham:-

Oh, and have another!

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ronny Manis
posted
I enjoy this post and truth be known it inspired me to start wearing a few of my old wrist watches. Here is the watch I have been wearing all week. I fell in love with the appearance, it is easy to adjust the date, it keeps great time and the bottom crown is a lock for turning the bezel. With all this being said, I had visions of a high grade Swiss movement but to my suprise the movement is a (1) Jewel Brevets. I still love it! It brings to mind the old saying "Love it for what it is don't hate it for what it is not".

Posts: 171 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee USA | Registered: July 25, 2005