Internet Horology Club 185
Which wristwatch did you wear today?

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/7146063084

May 26, 2010, 16:40
Wayne Hanley
Which wristwatch did you wear today?
Posted by Robert Wagner in "What Watch Did You Wear Today" forum - 1928 Bulova Curtis

May 26, 2010, 23:01
Bill Carlson
Those are really neat Bulovas. The ad makes it even better.
I think this one is posted somewhere else here, but I will add it to the Bulova group.

Bill Carlson
May 28, 2010, 10:21
Rick Vess
Bill,

Does that great dial have the sparkle effect or more likely is it an example of the etched rice-paper effect? It's quite nice!

Regards,
Rick

Rick
May 28, 2010, 12:21
Bill Carlson
Rick,

The dial does has sort of a sparkle to it, but I didn't keep the glare spots off of it very well either. It was hard to take a picture of, I know that. I would guess your right on the rice-paper effect.

Bill Carlson
May 29, 2010, 04:16
Stephen Robinson
Yes, that's not a curtis:-

That's a Curtis...
June 04, 2010, 19:24
Mike Sandell
This today.

June 06, 2010, 04:22
Stephen Ollman
Sorry to be off topic but thought you might like to see an original ad for the the above Bulova Trojan.

June 06, 2010, 11:55
Wayne Hanley
Stephen,
Seems on topic to me & keep them coming. Interestig stuff. Below is an ad depicting a Trojan, but is labeled a Conqueror. I'm quite sure the ad is labled in error. Ya recon?

June 06, 2010, 13:38
Mortimer Schwartz
Wearing from ridiculous to sublime because I am wearing my Seiko Sumo while I search for my second Patek Phillipe, possibly a Gondolo, maybe the 5024.
June 07, 2010, 05:23
Stephen Ollman
Wayne, when Bulova re-badged the 1926 Bulova Conqueror to the Lone Eagle they also re-badged the Trojan to the Conqueror to take it's place.

Confussed.... Confused

Have a look at this page to show both versions:
http://www.mybulova.com/search-bulova-watches?tid=18
June 07, 2010, 20:28
Wayne Hanley
Stephen, on the mybulova website using the above link, there is a 1925 Conquerer 10P picture that depicts what other info shows as a Lone Eagle cut-corner (art deco eagle) (1927-28) case. That is confusing! Please un-confuse me.
P.S. You have done a great job on the my bulova website. Great information that needs to be available for Bulova fans. Thanks. I will join as soon as I get some time. I have several Bulova wristwatches with great pictures with several angles obtained from the sellers that you might want to list.

Wayne

June 08, 2010, 22:26
Rick Vess
Like every other day the last few weeks, I wore a Illinois Consul. Today's example is a rather rare one in solid green gold.

Rick
June 09, 2010, 06:25
Stephen Ollman
Wayne, when I initially had this watch back a few years ago, I believed it to be a 1927 Bulova Lone Eagle. Since studying this series in more detail over the years and zoning in on the possible serial number range of the original 5000 I concluded that this particular one pre-dated that of the original 1927 Bulova Lone Eagles and was in fact a Bulova Conqueror. I believe this one had a circle date stamp indicating 1925.

Always happy to have a vintage Bulova watch added to the myBulova.com website. Smile
June 09, 2010, 06:27
Stephen Ollman
Rick, now that's a great vintage watch...very classic of the 1920s....my favourate era for watches.
June 09, 2010, 08:38
Werner Rosier
This one today...

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!
June 09, 2010, 17:09
Rick Vess
Stephen,

I'm glad that you liked my green Consul -- this is my very favorite watch! Actually, these days I wear nothing byt watches from about 1925-1934, or so. Between the Illinois Consul, Marquis, Jolly Roger, and Hamilton Oval and Square, I find most of my needs met. (Good thing as I own well over 40 examples of these 5 models. LOL) Today I wore a nice engraved white gold Illinois Consul with a rare sub-6 dial.

Rick
June 09, 2010, 17:31
Wayne Hanley
Rick,
I like that Consul, just beautiful. Your other watches sound most interesting & would fit well in the "Show US Your Watches Made Before 1950" forum. Please show us your collection. I have been wondering who has all the Illinois wristwatches.

Wayne
June 09, 2010, 17:33
Wayne Hanley
Werner, that's a cool chrono!

Wayne
June 11, 2010, 15:21
Stephen Robinson
Today I have been mostly wearing:-

June 12, 2010, 13:25
Wayne Hanley
Stephen,

Can you post all the details on that beautiful Waltham. Please!!!
June 13, 2010, 14:24
Stephen Robinson
Oopsie! Can't seem to find where I've put it!

But just to make it up, here's another Waltham:-

Oh, and have another!

June 17, 2010, 21:39
Ronny Manis
I enjoy this post and truth be known it inspired me to start wearing a few of my old wrist watches. Here is the watch I have been wearing all week. I fell in love with the appearance, it is easy to adjust the date, it keeps great time and the bottom crown is a lock for turning the bezel. With all this being said, I had visions of a high grade Swiss movement but to my suprise the movement is a (1) Jewel Brevets. I still love it! It brings to mind the old saying "Love it for what it is don't hate it for what it is not".