Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 81
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Bill, I think they must have just liked the colors at the time for each model. who knows.

Posts: 458 | Location: Norfolk, Virginia in the USA | Registered: July 24, 2009
posted
It was a GMT watch see the 24 hrs military time on the bezel ring red for day black for night.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Member 1357
posted
I wear my Russian"Boctok'daily.It is manual wind,not sure of date of manufacture or jewels.It keeps really good time,stays with my computer clock.Good enough for me!!

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Hi Mike,
I had wondered about the night and day part. Next question, is the GMT, Greenwich Mean Time? Do these Rolex watches have a separate hand for the 24 hour dial?
Thanks guys for all answering my questions !!
I used this watch for my last 5 years on the railroad and liked it because of the 24 hour hand. Smile

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Bill, GMT does in fact mean Greenwich Mean Time like you said. If you look at the picture of my rolex you will see there is a red hand with a white pointer at the end, that can be set to any time zone you want ( I keep mine set to GMT, which is England ) and you would read the hour with the numbers on the bezel. the minutes and seconds would still be read with the regular ones on the dial.

Posts: 458 | Location: Norfolk, Virginia in the USA | Registered: July 24, 2009
posted
Today I wore my 1984 Rolex Datejust 3035, SS & 18K Gold. Tomorrow, my 1929 Omega.

Posts: 6 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: April 01, 2010
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Thanks Joe,,
I see the hand now when you mention it.

Bill Carlson

posted

Rose Gold Bulova 40's ish, I'd guess.

Back sez "W.K. Gillihan feb. 14,1886' The date seems a bit odd

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Vostok Komandirskie Russian Double Eagle. Very accurate for a manual wind.

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted

40's Elgin Pink gold drivers watch bendy lugs a go-go.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Bubbleback, ref. 3133, early '40s.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
20's (?) Gruen Quadron

posted
Here's whatI will be wearing today:-

posted

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted

posted

posted

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
This is one of my favorites that I have been wearing for the last week.

Bill Carlson

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Bill, I love that band. The mark II is the nicest I have ever seen. If you see a silver colored band like that around the yard, please let me know.

This is my white dialed Marine Star.

Wayne

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Hi Wayne,
The Mark II is also my favorite traveling watch also, because of the " second hour hand" for a different time zone. The band came with, and I've never seen another. I'll sure keep my eye to the ground just in case though. Its a "Champion Brand" band.
Your Bulova has a nice clean, easy to read dial.

Bill Carlson

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Bill, I copied this pic of the only other band I have seen with the tiny tuning forks. It was marked sold, but it didn't state a price.