Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 81
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Dave, do you have any more details on your Bulova Chrono? I'd love to add it to the www.MyBulova.com Database

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007
posted
these Bulovas are cool. they are also sometimes misidentified by sellers who don't realize what they have. i have followed three auctions in the past year where non-functional examples of this watch went for well under $100. if i hadn't more projects than i could shake a stick at, i would have made one of them mine. it's a lovely watch, congrats.

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
posted
Here's another really nice Bulova from my collection.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted

great bezel on that Bulova.

i'm wearing my older Waltham today.

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Today a ygf Grant with dial style number 094.

DM

ygf Grant

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Dan, that Grant's a beaut.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
I wonder if International Dial could make an aged radium color like on my untouched green solid 14K barrel engraved? The original has a little less orange in the color than the paint they use.

posted
Another fancy Bulova.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Adam,

Did you say Engraved?

WJH

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Of course you're correct, Bill; the engravings are only on the sides, so I should have been more careful and called this a Barrel Plain. Personally, I tend to prefer an unengraved bezel...

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Okay, here's my new bubbleback. It has a mirror-track dial, i.e. the inner track is reflective like a mirror as you rotate the watch -- but it's a demon to photograph... Mad

posted
Nice Rolex Adam!
--------------------------------------------
Except for one flaw, I think this is a nice looking watch(esp. considering the era it was made in Ca. 1970+/-). The watch is a Universal Unisonic in 18K.
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
The Unisonic is apparently an Accutron 218 that has been upgraded by Universal; hence the one flaw. The watch looks good, feels good and keeps time very well but.... that darn high pitched whine is something I couldn't get used to.

I already have tintinus in one ear (and I could tell you which concerts caused it too). The symptom is, I hear a high A flat in one ear, pretty much always. If I had to hear this watch all day too I'd have to quit watchwork and become a leading dissonent. Smile
-Cort
p.s.-after looking at the last pic, I think the watch is crying for a better crystal too..

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Here is a better shot of the mirror track dial of the bubbleback above, ref. 3134, ca. 1941.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Here is a cal. 564 Constellation with original black pie-pan dial. Quick set date (I believe their first movement, ca. 1966, to have this; the crown acts as a pusher to advance the date). I took this photo last night at dusk, by the Chicago lakefront...

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Today this Square B Engraved in solid green 14K. I know I've shown this one before...

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Adam beautiful hamilton
today it,s a Longines 14kt diamond dial from the 1940,s

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Today I'm wearing a pink shirt and thought this coral gold Wilshire would be appropriate!

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Feeling '50s today...

IHC Life Member
posted
Today I have just finished the restoration of this Hamilton Electric, Saturn model. The case style is same as for the 14K Spectra, but this case is gold-filled.

Saturn

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Today this solid 14K green gold Hamilton Tonneau. Sorry no wrist shot yet (but it really looks splendid on the wrist).

IHC Life Member
posted
It doesn't look very green on my monitor !

I think we should consider making a rule that all watches shown here should actually be shown on a wrist ! Any thoughts, anyone ?

DM