Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
I love the domed acrylic crystal (they're all flat sapphire on the newer models), which imparts a gorgeous diffraction to the dial as one rotates the wrist...

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Today a most glorious 'Longines!'

Longines 1

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
I purchased mid 2006 for my birthday!

longines 2

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Dated 1954. My birth date!

Calibre 27.0

18ct.

Longines 3

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Excellent dial!

Longines 4

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Recessed secondary second hand.

Longines

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Certainly looks and feels great on the wrist!

Longines

posted
well then, it sounds pretty conclusive that my lovely Grant is a redial. it has sentimental value, but i happen to be one of those people who likes the original dials on my watches. what to do?

i love old watches, but they vex me.

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Brad, you can have International Dial redo the dial properly. You just need to have a watchmaker send the dial itself...Also best to include a picture of that stainless silver example from Will Roseman's website, since they won't have the case to match it, and it looks like the color of the lume is different than for a yellow gf case.

IHC Life Member
posted
A 14H green gold Hamilton Cushion, c. 1923.

14K GG Cushion

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted

wore my trench watch today. another example of my profound ignorance of all things horological. the movement, dial, crystal and bezel are all one piece that screws into the case by a threaded sleeve. i thought it was a Borgel, but was recently enlightened that the hall mark of an FB with a key underneath may be Jacot and Bovy.

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
posted
After seeing Adam's pictures I thought I'd show off
my new toy, a near mint condition 2003 ROLEX Sea Dweller Big Grin

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Back to (somewhat) older stuff! Today's watch is an early '50s Seamaster, caliber 354.

posted

big elgin today.

by the way, Adam, your collection is insane. thanks for sharing.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Brad, you're welcome -- it is a bit out of control sometimes, no? But I just sold a couple of other watches in the last few days through consignment. Just to keep within a steady state of sorts (at least that's the excuse I tell myself).

posted
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/sidkroft/gruen.jpg

gruen triple date today. now on a good black leather strap.

posted

ooops. sorry about that.

posted
1977 Bulova Accutron Model 214

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Alpima single button chronograph in stainless steel Circa 1935 Black enamel dial, white lettering 2 sub dials at the three and the nine showing continuous seconds and 30 minute counter,.... On a brown lizard strap. Brilliant I love this old stuff.

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I wore this Wittnauer 14kt today i got this at the National..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
the back

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
A fairly rare 15J Bulova one button chronograph
c. 1946.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321