Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Roy not sure about the date on the Longines i would guess the 1950,s it has a 370 movement.

I am wearing this early Hamilton today

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Cool hans, Sammie. I do like that hour hand!

Roy.

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Wore this one today. I just got it a couple of weeks ago. The 10K GF case is in great condition and I really like the swivel lugs. It is one of the biggest Longines I have had. Just got done servicing it yesterday, but haven't made up my mind on re-finishing the dial. I kinda like it the way it is and think it looks pretty decent. What do you think?

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Back

posted
1939 steel full calendar Movado
with 67 years of character.
I will probably have the dial
re-finished one of these days.
Any suggestions ?

Posts: 110 | Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana U.S.of A. | Registered: April 29, 2006
posted
Looks great to me Anthony. Nice watch!

posted
Thank You, thats a sharp Longines you have
there as well,the case is great and the dial
is not bad at all.

Posts: 110 | Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana U.S.of A. | Registered: April 29, 2006
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Adam,
Great Looking Longines always one of my favorites. The dial might be able to be cleaned. Are you going to the National maybe I can see your Pink gold Longines like mine. I did not get the regional my back was out that day.
Anthony,
That is a nice Movado I would try cleaning the dial first.
Longines for me today as well

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
posted
Thank You Rich

No,my Movado,that's it after cleaning. She's a bit grungy but she's original and the patina does have its attractions hence my hesitation in having the dial re-finished. I can imagine it coming back looking just a little too bright and perfect,losing a dignity earned with age.

posted
Rich,

Thanks! I will be going to the National and can't wait! The last time I was at a National it was in Cleveland and I think I was about 12. I will never forget the ride home in the snow storm. I think that was the last bad snow storm Ohio has had. Anyway, I haven't tried cleaning the dial yet as I can't make up my mind. Sometimes I like the "aging" and sometimes I dont.

Sorry to hear about your back being out during the Regional. Below is a picture of the Longines I have and to the right is the one I am wearing today. I like the assymetrical styling on the right one. Both are in 14K

Anthony,

Thank you!

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Adam
Two great Longines
Anthony,
Pictures before and after of a dial clean. care must be taken because you can loose some paint. In this case it is just a dial I had around in the parts bin.
Before

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
after

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

posted
Not bad at all

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
After cleaning the dial I went back to the parts bin and found the rest of the watch. The movement is a Felsa 690 automatic and is now running well. A good knock around watch.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Stainless case

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
The movement

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

posted
Its cold,wet and miserable out so what better a watch then this stylish Hamilton. I got it for free from my Uncle Sam about a half lifetime ago. All I had to do was raise my right hand.

Picture of Michael Dias
posted
I enjoyed my Ball 25J Auto with Canadian dial today.

Ball 25J Automatic

Posts: 72 | Location: Benicia, California USA | Registered: May 10, 2006
posted
Today I have on my beater,my nearly indestructible Rolex Submariner with no date but with the 1570 chronometer movement. I bought it new in Zurich in 1972 for about $350 . $300 was really the base price then $50? extra for the chrono movement. I preferred the cleaner lines of a dateless dial . It has been through **** and never failed me where as my newer 1992 Submariner with date and far more pampered existence has proven to be a little more delicate over the years.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
My first contribution to Chapter 185...

Well, actually this is the second wristwatch I've put on, for going to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra this evening. This green gold-filled Hamilton Tonneau (ca. 1929) has the original dial, and is very nice condition overall. Quite striking on the wrist, actually.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Another view.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006