Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
Nice! Love that dial.

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This Boone, dating from about 1936. I'm pretty sure the dial has been refinished at some point (it should probably be 2-tone with gold center and silver outer border; this was discussed in another thread), but since the enamel printing is inlaid, it still looks crisp.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
Adam,
Beautiful watch..Love that case and dial..What a match.
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Here's a recent purchase -- a midsize (32 mm) Oyster manual wind (Precision), ref. 6244, similar to the Royal model. I love the textured original dial. Ca. early '50s.

IHC Life Member
posted
It is a newly restored Hamilton "Raleigh" today.

Alas the bezel of this model is especially prone to wear, and most show brassing in the corners. Having brass under the gold helps to disguise some of the wear.

dan

Raleigh

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
I just got my Meteor back from Rene today, so guess what I'm wearing tomorrow? Wink

Hamilton Meteor

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This Hamilton Barrel plain in solid green 14K, with NOS Hamilton pigskin strap. Ca. 1927.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Another view.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
One more.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
The nice engraving. Just once I'd like to find one of these with my own initials!

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
'Nother Hamilton. This white gold filled Putnam (1934).

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Side view.

Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
Nice Hamiltons. Adam. Smile

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Haven't worn this Coronado in awhile. When I bought it the dial surface had been refinished with a brushed silver finish (instead of matte), and it was beginning to show light spotting, so I recently had it redone properly. The enamel on the dial is still in nice shape, fortunately.

Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
Wow, that's a beauty. I think the Coronado has to be one of my favorite strap watches...really gorgeous art deco style.

posted
I am wearing a ss Benrus with a silver dial, sweep second hand, Breitling stlye black band with white stitching. Probably 50's.

Posts: 6 | Location: Suffolk, Virginia USA | Registered: March 19, 2007
posted
Today I wore my solid 14K Illinois Square engraved (formerly Stephen). This one is a rarity -- with an amazing (seemingly NOS or darn close to it!) dial and a matching solid 14K engraved buckle. Mr. Friedberg never mentioned solid gold Squares in his great book, so they are rare... add to this the original dial and coordinating solid engraved 14K buckle... and this mught be one of a kind? Perhaps others might own a solid gold example with an Elgin or Waltham movement and dial?? If so, I'd love to see pictures of the cousins from early in the Generic Period. This is the only time I've ever worn this beauty... and tonight it is going back into the vault until I run it again in a few months. It keeps great time also!! If you'd like to see more pics email me... as I hate to bore all with my ramblings on the old beauty. Smile

Regards,

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This New Yorker this evening in Chicago.

posted
Both Illinois watches are beauties.
The New Yorker style is very unique.
Phil

Posts: 11 | Location: Whittier, California USA | Registered: November 18, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This one just arrived, purchased from a fellow collector in Calgary. It's an Explorer I ref. 1016, ca. 1967. It has the original dial and hands, but the bracelet is a modern replacement.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Here's a frontal shot.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Okay, I've been waiting for this for a few months, and it just got back from a new dial restoration (International Dial). Here is my Oval Engraved in white gold-filled, ca. 1927. They sanded down to the original dial engravings as a template, restored the original two-tone appearance, and used their unique "aged luminous" on the numerals and hands. I'm thrilled by how it turned out.