Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
I had the chance to wear this LeCoultre cal.480 to a meeting today. 10K gold-filled case. Does anyone know if there was a style name for this watch?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
I can't remember if I showed this one or not, but in any case, I just put on the new brown lizard strap, and it's a new photo... Wink

This is a ca.1951 Omega bumper automatic (cal. 351) in yellow gold filled. It's a great timekeeper. I love the feel of the "bump-bump" as I shake my wrist.

adam

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
Since Today is Sunday I am wearing a very nice Illinois Metropolitan. I still need to add a NOS dial.

Posts: 11 | Location: Whittier, California USA | Registered: November 18, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
That's a nice Illinois!

Here's one for today. A (Rolex) Oyster Centregraph, ca.1942.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
View of the movement.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Adam, your Rolex looks identical to my Lipton marked Rolex 15j, 1943 circa, that my Dad wore during the War and to 1985 when he received his 25th anniversery watch from his work place. He gave me the Lipton at that time.

I had it overhauled, and the dial redone, but unfortunately International dial left off my 24 hour military markings, as appears in your center part of your dial. I would have sent it back, but they lost it for almost 3 months before finding it again to do what work they DID do, and I didn't want to give them another chance to lose it for good a second time! Mad

Otherwise, a dead ringer!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Mark, I think I remember you telling that horror story before. Yikes. I like the work that I.D. does with Hamiltons, but I know you're not the only person who has had problems with them.

This Centregraph is a rather recent find of mine. I am wondering about the first owner (initials GMR, as engraved in fancy script on the caseback), who apparently made good use of it, judging from the wear on the caseback and crown (the "Oyster" in "Oyster Patent" has delaminated).

Adam

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Yep. They're either doing fantastic work, or losing stuff. No gray area. Roll Eyes

Just to be curious, how difficult is it to find replacement parts for these watches? I don't need any at this time, but it's always good to be 'forewarned'.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
A 14k New Old Stock Bulova bell shaped lugs......very carefully!

Posts: 77 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: March 21, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Very nice, Jay.

For the last week I have been wearing a Lord Elgin '670'. 1955.

Picture of case and dial.

Glorious case and beautiful 'fluted, flared' lugs.

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Whoops!

Lord Elgin 1

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Movement.

Lord Elgin 2

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Back.

Glorious condition for a 50 year old timepiece!

Complete with a black 'Mountain' 11/16'' R. Lizard Calf, strap.

A BEAUTY!

Roy.

Lord Elgin 3

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Today.

A Bulova 'Excellency'.

Bulova 1

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Back.

10 k Gold filled.

(L1. 1951)

Bulova 2

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Movement:

10 BM. (Gold lettering!)

(Superb 'tear drop' lugs!)

Quite a stunner!

Roy.

Bulova 3

posted
Wore this 14K Yellow Gold Hamilton Viscount today.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This 1928 New Square Engraved, with fancy 2-tone dial...

Adam

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Another view.

posted
Hamilton chronograph, modern ETA movement. Band is one given by my former employer for a twenty-year service award. I found the band in a thrift store a couple years ago. I got something else for my award back in 1987. I know the calendar function is showing the wrong date, but I'm retired and don't worry about having it that close at hand. Smile

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
FWIW - these spring loaded ends on your band will damage the insides of the lugs - they often have sharp edges and will over time cut into the lugs.

On a gold watch they can seriously damage the lugs.

dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This Omega Seamster from 1952, cal. 354. I gave my other bumper movement Omega to my father, at least for awhile... Wink

I just bought it from a seller in Germany who restores these; amazingly it has been keeping dead-on time for the past 36 hours.

Adam