Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This neat Hamilton Linwood, dating to 1941. It has the cal 982 19J movement.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Rather curved!

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Another view.

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...Adam, Jim loves the 'Linwood' and yours is especially nice!...but I'll be wearing the Hamilton 'LED' this New Year's Eve...

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
posted
Hi,

Bulova Ambassador from 60´s.

Paulo

Posts: 5 | Location: Sorocaba, SP Brazil | Registered: June 23, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Today's watch is that superb example of Art Deco design in the shape of a Hamilton Putnam.

Described in the 1934 Hamilton catalog as "with a flair for the modern", it shares with the similar Drake model a stepped-sides gold-filled case, alas prone to some substantial wear.

Dan

Putnam picture

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Meant to post this on January 1st but here goes.
Recieved this from my wife as an anniversary gift 9 years ago and I only wear it twice a year, January 1st and our anniversary on Jan 16th. Weird I know, but I'm afraid of damaging it. Original and dates to 1955 or 56, 18k rose gold with fluted bezel.
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Like the 'Hamilton' Dan, super case!

Very nice 'Rolex' Ray. 1954, 55, birthday or a date of significant? I would wear it more often!

Timely regards.

Roy.

'So mote it be!'

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Roy,
The date is not significant, I saw it at the L.A. regional show about 9 years ago and liked it from the first time I saw it. Seemed a bit out of my league so I passed on it. While I was off looking at other watches my wife purchased it without my knowing. She had it shipped to a friends house until our anniversary where she gave it to me. So, more sentimental than anything else.
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Ray.

You lucky, guy!

Sentiment, that's the best 'you can get!'

Bought with love! There you go.

'Enjoy!'

Roy.

"So mote it be!'

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Today.

A 'J W Benson'.

Date: 1952/53. 'A Coronation timepiece'.

Glorious condition.

Benson 1

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
9 CT case.

Benson 2

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
15 Jewelled movement.

Roy.

Benson 3

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Better picture of dial.

Nice timepiece!

Roy.

Benson 4

posted
Roy,
Love the Benson, is it yellow gold or rose gold , hard for me to tell, beautiful none the less..Ray

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Morning, Ray.

Yellow gold, but I have to agree with you, quite beautiful!

Timely regards.

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

IHC Life Member
posted
A Hamilton "Palisade" model, originally sold with a fitted matching metal band. The lugs on this example have been modified at some time in the past. I fitted the NOS dial and hands.

Dan

Palisade

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Very nice Hamilton Dan, I like the look of the dial.
Ray

posted
Today I'm wearing an outstanding, rare white gold filled Hamilton Ross purchased from Bryan Girouard last year. With all the watches in my collection, I only get to wear each one about 3 times a year, so I always look forward to wearing this one when it comes up in the rotation Smile.

WGF Hamilton Ross

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
If I might ask a question -- for those with, say, more than 10 wristwatches, how do you decide which to wear on any given day? An orderly -- or random -- rotation? Spur of the moment decision?

I'm more of the latter school, but usually dependent on what I'm wearing that day, or what I'm doing at work or at home.

Adam

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Speaking of durability, I've been wearing my Tudor Prince Date-Day all week, as it's a great watch to wear while traveling -- keeping time well within chronometer specs (-3 sec/day), having the day and date functions, being luminous and waterproof, comfortable, and very durable. I've been attending a pathology conference here in Boca Raton (having ended today).

David, I love your Air King. Ca. 1970s?

Adam

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I wore this one today a Jules Jurgensen 17 jewel chronograph 14k inner and outer boxes Etc.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004