Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Sammy,
Thats a beautiful chronograph. How old is the watch?
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Ray don,t know for sure i would guess the 50,s or 60,s i think this one will be on ebay soon nice watch but i can,t keep all of them. Smile

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
wore this one today a 9k Dennison case 3/0 size waltham enamel dial.

posted
Sammie,
Your watches are just beautiful. Let us know when the chrono will go up for sale so I can bid on it. Smile
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
Great looking watches, guys.

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Sammie, a most glorious Jules Jurgensen. Ditto with regards to ebay!

Ray, nice and clean 'Bucherer' Chronometer! Year?

Timely regards.

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Thanks Roy,
I think it is vintage 60's but not sure. Watchmaker who cleaned and oiled it said it has a movement commonly used Rolex watches. The dial was shot until I had it redone. It is simple but I like it.
Ray

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Planning to wear this ca. 1952 cal 355 Seamaster Calendar...I love the art deco font on the calendar numerals -- I've never seen anything quite like it before. Also, I've never had a non-quick-set date before; have to watch for repetitive stress injury!

Adam

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This is probably my favorite watch of those I own (at least today). It's an early '40s rose gold/SS bubbleback, for which I recently found this matching 2-tone Rolex bracelet (which itself feels smooth-as-silk).

Adam

posted
This Omega Constellation has been my daily wear ww since I got it a couple years ago. 18K case with pie pan dial.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Back of Constellation showing the disk with stars and observatory images.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Gorgeous, just gorgeous, John. Is it a heavy case?

Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
John, that is really nice. I'm a sucker for a nice Omega anyway. Smile

And Adam, that bubbleback is just incredible. The band really is a wonderful find in that condition. A classic bubbleback is definitely on my wish list.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
posted
Adam,
The case is fairly heavy, the back is not thin and flexibble and doesn't have a brass cover underneath it. I've never had it weighed.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This is sort of a "companion" to the 2-tone bubbleback that I showed above. I had the dial refinished, as I couldn't stand the poorly-refinished dial that was on it when I bought the watch last year (long story; if you look in the previous pages to this thread, you'll find it). The hands are not original either. But I think it's quite attractive nonetheless, esp. with this matching Oyster bracelet which I just found. Someday perhaps I'll find a nice original dial, and/or more appropriate hands...Till then it's a good everyday watch (problem is: I have too many watches to wear, so none end up an "everyday" Confused ).

In case anyone is wondering what the mahogany surface is as the background of some of my recent watch photos, it's the top of a 1929 RCA Radiola 47 radio-phonograph!

posted
Here's the one for today, less common Hamilton Vancott. 387S 17-j movement with hack setting, 10k bezel and body, stainless back.

posted
Here's the back. If you look closely you can see the 10K stamp on the lower left lug. I have two of these and bought both thinking they are Secometers.

IHC Life Member
posted
---- and here is the drawing prepared for catalog inclusion, but never used.

VANCOTT

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This Seamaster, cal. 354, c. 1952. I recently found the NOS beads of rice bracelet, which changes the look of the watch tremendously from the croco strap it had been on (nice as that was).

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Another view.

posted
Today I wore my newly acquired Hamilton Yorktowne with the 2-tone gilt dial.

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006