Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

CANADIAN Private-Label Watches "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Larry,
Here are somes pictures of my PL Cdn RR Elliott's Special 17j adj. I would love to know what movement this is, and if it really is a RR watch.
Thanks
Bill

posted
movement

posted
case

posted
Any info on this watch would really be appreciated,
Thanks,
Bill
case

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Bill:

It kind of looks like an Omega to me is it lever set? Medicine Hat is a large divisional point on the Canadian Pacific Railway, I started my trainman's career there 35 years ago in 1973. I am attaching pictures I took back in December 1979 of the way the terminal looked then. I was working as a fireman on the Canadian passenger train, as you can see we didn't have much snow on the prairies that winter.

Medicine Hat's station:

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Remains of Roundhouse, cinderblock diesel shop, and merry go round (Turntable):

posted
Hi Larry,
Unfortunately this watch is stem set, have you seen a dial like this before ? I have seen similar, but with portions of the 17 - 18 - and 19 hour markings along the edge of the seconds bit. Almost a perfect dial. It would be nice if this is an Omega movement.
Thanks for the info on this watch and its likely beginnings,
Bill

posted
Hi Larry,
The watch is in a scepter 14k gf case, so probably doesn't offer much to iddentify.
I own property in Sask, "Fox Valley" just an hour out of Medicine Hat. Theer definitely is a lot of RR history from the area.
Thanks,
Bill

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Another Hamilton #934 Earl J. Thompson Moncton New Brunswick Private label Serial No. 202724 it is two numbers earlier than No. 202726 posted on the top of page 6 of this thread. according to the Hamilton Watch Co. Ledgers the movement was finished on June 24, 1902 and sold to the Montréal Watch Case Co. of Montréal, Québec on April 30, 1904. It has a double sunk bold Arabic 24 hour dial marked with the watchmakers name and location; "Earl J. Thompson, Moncton, N.B. (New Brunswick)

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Photo of the movement top plate marked 17 jewels, Adjusted, 202724, Safety Pinion, one barrel bridge; Earl J Thompson, Moncton, N.B. (New Brunswick."

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hamilton Grade 924 private-label W.A. McKee Deloraine, Man. Single Sunk Roman Numeral 24 hour dial

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Deloraine, Manitoba is a farming community southwest Manitoba about 60 miles south of Brandon, it was serviced by Canadian Pacific Railway, and coal mining was one of its big industries until the depression years. Hamilton Grade 924, Serial No 262681 movement

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hamilton Private label 16 size B.C. Creighton Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Single Sunk 24 Hour Montgomery Dial with 24 Hour Hands

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hamilton Grade 992 Serial No. 887660 movement.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
I have another double sunk I will post when I get some photos taken.

Larry

posted
Larry,
I have a Cdn Private label on an Mdl 1883 Waltham

posted
dial again

posted
mvmt

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Nice private-label Bill

posted
Hello Larry,
It will look a lot better when I get it cleaned etc, but definitely has potential,
Thanks,
Bill

posted
FrownHave a GALLET MADE 21J 5POS 24HOUR CANADIAN DIAL SOLD BY T.EATON CO. WITH T. EATON CO ON THE MOVEMENT.GALLET ADVERTISED IT'S WATCH WAS CANADIAN RAILROAD APPROVED IT'S A SIZE 18.DO YOU KNOW IF IT WAS CANADIAN RAILROAD APPROVED AND WAS IT USED BY TRAINMAN?HAVE TRIED EVERY WHERE TO FIND OUT BUT NO ONE KNOWS.JOHNNY

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Johnny:

You will find photos of my 16 size 21 jewel Gallet Brothers Eaton's pocket watches on page 8, and 10 of this thread. The one with the one tract would not have been Railway approved, but the other one would have passed inspection.

Larry