Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 81
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Although not vintage, I did wear my Dornbluth 99.1 today, which reminds me very much of my 12 vintage chronometers.

Posts: 102 | Location: Houston, Texas in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2009
posted
Is June a watch free month ?
The weekend has started so ---

Posts: 11 | Location: Linlithgow in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2012
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Ray, The Accutron MKII is one nice watch, and the neat band was on it when I picked it out in a Pawn Shop many years ago. I always sweat it when I change a battery for fear something will happen to the watch. My RR approved Accutron doesn't keep near as good of time as this one. The RR approved is fine while its worn all the time, but not if its left hanging on its hook in the show case.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Ray,
The black face on the Atlantic is a nice addition. Its a good easy to read dial.Cool back also.!! Cool

Bill Carlson

posted
Black seems to be the colour of the day Wink

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
That dial just about covers everything! Easy to read also!!

Bill Carlson

posted
Very classy dial and easy to read. What type of movement does it have?

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Hi ray,
I do believe it´s an endemic Ebel hand wound movement, made around the 40´s. I´ve written to Ebel and I am still awaiting an answer. One thing for sure, it´s rare, there´s absolutly no information whatsoever on the net about it!

posted
Sure is a beauty, let us know what you find out about it.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Nada...
Dear Mr. Rosier,
the receipt of your email of 24 June, which we immediately forwarded to the Swiss parent company, we acknowledge with thanks.
We have to tell you that, appart approximately being built in 1940, unfortunately no further information about this model can be made​​. The Swiss parent company has, despite intensive research, no further data.

We still hope to have helped with the few details.

Yours sincerely,
Reinhold Nienhaus

After Sales Manager
MGI Luxury Group GmbH
After Sales Service Ebel/Concord
Landsberger Str. 94
80339 München

DEUTSCHLAND / GERMANY

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
change my mind and is no longer for sale
its in my watch collection now
Clebar chrono made by Zodiac.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
and the movement.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
I only wear Casio WaveCepter A-B-C type watches lately. Having the weather screen is handy to me and the compass keeps me straight when walking in the woods. LoL

Posts: 77 | Location: Hartford, Connecticut in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2010
posted
When I wear a wristwatch it will almost always be one of my two Citizen Eco-Drives or my Casio digital Chronograph. Call me a heretic if you will but for everyday use, I prefer quartz. I only have my vintage watches for their historical value and only run them once in a while.

A year ago, I only had one watch, the Casio, then I was bitten by one of the notorious time flies and developed an addiction. I now have 16 mechanical pocket watches, 13 quartz pocket watches with the bulk being of the Philip Crowe wildlife collector's series made by Majesti, 4 wristwatches, and two 1902 black mantel clocks, one a Seth Thomas, and one an Ingraham Adrian. I also have a mini grandfather clock I built from a kit and a quartz mantel clock built on an empty 1904 vintage Seth Thomas Adele case I picked up cheap. I keep saying "this is the last one" but so far it never has been.

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
My new favorite, a 2005 GMTII Ceramic Two-Tone...

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
My old favorite, a birth-year 18k Omega Constellation. Wore it on a recent business trip, and still really like it, but missed the easy timezone correction of the GMT.

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
This is my early 1950's Girard Peregaux. I got it out of a scappers junk box of gold-filled items. The case was scratched up, it didn't have a strap, the crown was hanging in two pieces, the dial was a mess, and it did not run. Turns out the hands were hung up on each other, and it started running after I readjusted their height. I polished the case, sent the dial off for refinish, put on a new crown, and added a $9.00 crocodile strap from Thailand. I still have a few scratches to polish out of the crystal and may do that next week. The automatic-wind movement is super clean and runs great. P.S. Those lugs are "over the top," both literally and figuritively speaking Big Grin

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a shot of the movement.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
This is the dial before refinish.

posted
That's really a nice looking watch. I prefer the simple timekeepers to watches that have all those extra complications and sub dials. If you want a multi-function watch, go digital where you can change the display. That's my opinion anyway.

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
Bruce, that is a sweet looking watch indeed.

IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks guys!