Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Nice Marathon TSAR. How is the time keeping performance?

I had the GSAR automatic. Heavy duty diver.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
Keeps good time.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
I am using this one today Trimix GMT it's made by a small watch co called zinex it's a diver rated at 2000mm that's 6600ft with a modified swiss ETA 2836 movement.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
In a departure from the men's watches listed recently, I want to show the watch I wore today. It is a manual wind Seiko from 1978, I believe, 15 jewel, model 1520. The crystal is very thick and beveled twice on each side. Pretty dark brown pinstripe pattern dial with raised gold markers. It was very difficult to photograph. Doesn't it scream the 70's?

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Ugh! I didn't realize how ugly the picture makes the watch look compared to all the beautiful ones listed previously. It is really much better looking in person. And it keeps great time.

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
A Jones Caliber IWC. Big watch, but at 6'5", I'm a big guy, so love the scale and the clean, minimalist design. I'm also a fan of Panerai, although feel they are grossly overpriced.

Posts: 9 | Location: Port Townsend, Washington USA | Registered: August 06, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
That, is a vey nice timepiece!

Roy.

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Cartier for me today.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted
I vouched never to wear a quartz watch.

But I fell in love with the design of the Hamilton ventura and when I found out that the cost of the original was so high today and I was offered this secondhand reissue from a dealer I couldn't resist it.

So I'm wearing this today (to remind me what I can't afford) And pending finding an original at an affordable price.

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
It looks great on your arm, Clive, I know from where your coming.... Big Grin

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Here is what I am using today it's made by Ollech & Wajs a swiss watch co it's called the Mirage III it has a 7750 auto movement.

posted
Doxa SUB 1000T

posted
i wore a large Ebel (38mm) watch today. Slightly over restored for my liking, the refinished dial could be better. But nevertheless a nice watch.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Clive, very nice Ebel.

Whats the movement?

Roy.

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Roy

Valjoux 90 I will post a picture over the weekend.

Unfortunately I get up in the dark to leave for work and return home in the dark of an evening in the winter months and its usually best if a flash isn't used.

Kind Regards

Clive

posted
Roy

Here is a picture of the backplate

posted
And here is a picture or the front plate (from the Bestfit catalogue)

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Clive, very nice movement.

Recased?

Still, a very nice timepiece!

Roy.

posted
Roy

I don't think its been recased, but I do think that the case has been refinished by replating. This could have been done better in my opinion.

If I refinish a case I try to remove all the scratches before having it replated. Done properly this takes ages. With an eye glass you can see that they have not spent enough time doing this.

Also its a large case and has been replated in Chrome. I am not sure whether chrome was the original finish but on a large case I find that Rhodium plating gives a softer finish, though it tends to be a thinner finish because of the cost of Rhodium plating and not so durable.

What was the reason for you thinking that it had been recased -anything I haven't mentioned?

Kind regards

Clive

posted
Here's the pink gold Gruen I've got on my wrist at this moment

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Bulova--circa 1961--21 jewels-manuel wind

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Afternoon, Clive.

Very informative, thank you.

Just the 'two' screws on the outside of movement holding it altogether! Unusual? IMHO.

Nice timepiece though!

Roy.