Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 81
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was wrong that's not an Illnois Ensign, it's the larger "Mate".

I just got a copy of the Illinoise Watch Book for my Birthday! Big Grin

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
Hmm.. can't seem to edit that last one either, but anyhow,

You can see the larger size of the Illinois "Mate" next to a Larchmond/Vernon/Richmond and Bulova Syscraper to show the size.

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
My wife bought me this watch as a get well gift when I was taking chemotherapy five years ago...

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
Then this one two years later when I had a heart attack. I guess they did the trick, because I'm still here!

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Steve, I guess you could call those two Citizen watches from you wife your lucky charms! Glad that they did the trick and you are doing well.

Most days I wear the ladies Movado watch that was my grandmother's. Very plain oval shape and after having it serviced, it is keeping very good time. Probably from the 40's, maybe earlier. It is the watch that ignited my interest in horology.

Mary Ann

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
That sounds beautiful. Can you attach a photo?

posted
Hi Steve. Just saw your request for pictures. Here is the watch. The dial is about 13mm. And round, not oval. I must have very tired when I posted before. I am dating it based on the style since I can't find a Movado serial number database. If anyone has thoughts as to age, I would love to hear from you. Mary Ann

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
Here's the movement. It really is mind boggling that they can make a movement this small.

Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
That is a very nice looking watch with clean lines. Just one observation, its unusual to see the regulator arm all the way to the left or right after a good servicing. Mine return with a centered arm. I suppose the main thing is that it keeps good time for you. Thanks for sharing your classic heirloom.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
That is a beautiful watch!

posted
Matthew and Steve - Thanks for the nice words. I must have bumped the regulator when removing from the case or taking the pictures. I have adjusted it now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Welcome to IHC185™. I have been enjoying all your posts.

Thanks Mary Ann for sharing your grandmother's watch!

Your grandmother's Omega reminds me I have my great-aunt's Hamilton watch which I treasure. It was serviced and is stored in an original period-correct Hamilton box. Soon, I will post more about this watch.

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5224 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello Mary Ann, and welcome on board the 185 Express....

Actually, my wife (Mary Ann) noticed your post yesterday and asked me to post this for her.... She wears, at times, her Aunt's Bulova, one that she, her Aunt Ginny, received as a young woman while living in Monongahela, PA, we don't have a date but it was probably in the 1930's. This is one of the watches my wife received when Aunt Ginny passed on in the early 90's....

Keep up the good posts....and again, Welcome on Board....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
In the Box....

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Last one....

posted
Hello Jerry. Please tell your wife hello for me and thank you for posting the photos. It is a beautiful watch! It doesn't look like it has been worn much at all. Very clean. I know she wears it proudly. And having the original case is a real bonus.

And Debbie - when you get a chance, we would love to see your great-aunt's Hamilton. Family heirlooms are priceless.

Thanks to everyone. I am having so much fun.

Mary Ann

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Jerry,
Thanks for showing your wife's aunt's Bulova with box. I have a small collection of vintage watch boxes and that one is included in my collection! Great to see what actually came in the box. Thanks again. Debbie, would love to see your great aunt's Hamilton too!

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Mary Ann, welcome!

A nice Movado, a plenty of providence being your Grandmothers!

Ditto - Jerry, very nice Bulova, the outer box makes this timepiece very 'collectable!'

Mary Ann is quite right when she states 'Family heirlooms are priceless!'

Timely regards.

Roy.

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Does anyone look at this page? (The postings are really old.) I just got a Hamilton 1939 gold-filled wristwatch back from the watchmaker. It was a junk watch that I got for free. It looks great after a complete overhaul, repainted dial, and new crystal. It looks great and keeps good time. I plan to wear it for a few weeks.

Posts: 148 | Location: Seattle, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
Welcome to IHC185 Robert. We are glad to have you with us!

To answer your question - yes, we look at this page. Even though the original post was a while ago, people can still add their thoughts and comments. We would love to see pictures of your watch. Please post some photos if you can. There are a few posts/threads dealing with how to take pictures of watches and how to upload and add them to your posts.

Again, welcome. You will find a wealth of information about anything horological and friendly, knowledgeable people willing to share their wisdom and ideas. You will like this club.

posted
I for one would like to see this watch of yours. Can you post a picture?

Steve G.

posted
I'll try and get some pictures.

Posts: 148 | Location: Seattle, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008