Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Here is one the owner will be wearing daily. The dial is original.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
White Piping Rock, ca.1928.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Today's watch is one I wear frequently - the movement comes from a lady's 0-size gold-filled mini Waltham hunter style pocket watch, and the case is a solid silver one by Fahys, probably made to house just such a movement.

I see this as a rescue, a bringing into use of a neglected and unworn movement - what lady these days will use the original ?

0-size

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Dan,

Fantastic rescue and it looks great on the wrist. IMO, I see nothing wrong with doing it because the watch is still period correct and any competent watchmaker at the time could have done the conversion. Bravo!

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Dan, that's a great looking Waltham. I assume the porcelain dial came associated with the movement?

Here's what I have on today:

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Here is my Omega that after a long time getting parts in now complete.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Adam

You have some wonderful watches - a real treat to see.

And I love the piping rock one day I'll treat myself!

Thankks fr sharing.

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
posted
I wore my DOxa Pro 600T, it's been my favorite since I got it, people seem to either love or hate the orange face. I attempted to take some pictures, but that skill currently eludes me.

Posts: 1 | Location: Bountiful, Utah in the USA | Registered: January 01, 2008
Picture of John Reed
posted
This picture isn't one I took but the photo that interested me in the watch in the first place. I'm told this watch dates from ca. 1910, but I don't know anyting else about it, so any information would be welcome.

I have received a couple of other vintage watches I recently bought, but I can't wear them until I take a trip to my local shoemaker and have him punch an extra hole or two in their leather bands. (I have very small wrists.)

John

Posts: 11 | Location: Memphis, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: January 19, 2008
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
A 1938 bubbleback.

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Frank/////Nice Smile
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Great watches guys. Especially the Omega. This is one of my favorites. Its Gold Filled. Very accurate when worn continually.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Well, I usually wear this watch:

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
It has a movement that's a bit of a joke:

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Nice watch. All watches that aren't quartz need to have clear back like yours. Its always fun to see the insides when they are doing their thing. Thanks for showing it.

Bill Carlson

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
The clear back phase the watch industry seems to be going through is interesting. I've seen it bring good as well as bad. What I think is really sad is that the cell-phone is replacing the wrist watch as the time keeper of choice. With the advent of the clear back as well as the completely skeletonized watches the wrist watch is becoming even more of a "fashion accessory" or basically jewelry for men (if you're a guy).

I just like making them. This is another one that I wear quite often:

posted
As Frank mentioned there is certainly a trend towards the cell phone becoming
the time keeper of choice for many of us. On the other hand the Swiss watch industry
is reaching record levels of variety and choice for luxury wristwatches, almost every
known brand is currently expanding their product lines and their manufacturing facilities.

Names from bygone years like Wyler & Dunand to name a couple are being resurrected
and are now offering complicated, expensive watches. Big Grin

Here's a recent look at what's going on in the Swiss watch industry..

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
The following Rolex article appeared in a national magazine this week.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
I'm wearing this today. I wear it occasionally because it was a gift from my wife that she got for me in Paris.

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Does that Chanel smell sweet also. Its hard to believe a cell phone will replace a nice looking watch. I'm glad to see the watch production up. Thats a plus. Now, as Dave was pointing out, we need people to keep them running. I pick up quite a few watches at garage sales just because I like watches. Most are quartz, but now and then a Hamilton, Bulova ,Omega and a real watch will show up.
It makes life interesting. Big Grin

Bill Carlson

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
No, the Chanel doesn't have any particular scent. For an obscenely overpriced Diver's Chronograph it's a very good watch. Typical 2892 with a Dubois Depraz module. A very nice and comfortable rubberized link strap. The case is 100% black ceramic and even though this is more of a dress watch it's a fairly indestructible watch. With screwed down stem and pushers it's rated at 200m. Anyways, my wife was worried because she bought a handbag that cost more than twice as much as the watch so she bought the watch and brought it back with her to the the hotel before showing me the bag.

posted
Latest purchase, Wadsworth circa 1951 - only knew them as a case maker before seeing this. Was at my watchmaker picking up / dropping off repairs when I saw this one & HAD to have it. Dial showing a bit of age round the edge but I love it anyway.

Wadsworth

Posts: 3 | Location: South Australia | Registered: March 19, 2008