• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Show us a wristwatch made before 1950 in your collection "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Very nice Bulova. Easy to read and its hard to imagine it was salvaged from the photo above.
That is the first Accutron band I have seen like mine. The clasp looks different, but it might have just been the photo. Was that on ebay?

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Thank for the link. I would like to know what that band sold for. Its the exact same as mine. Keep looking, another might turn up.
I paid $3.99 for a # 344 battery for my Mark II at Batteries Plus and I see they want $15.50. I get my 387S batteries at Radio Shack. They are ready to go for a 214 movement.
I like my prices better!!

Bill Carlson

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Bill, I never bought anything from oldfathertime.
Seems prices are mighty retail on everything. The Accutron Astronaut Bullet Bracelet listed is a bit steep at $1,050.

Elgin Lady 7j c1917 Serial No. 20693389 Class 117 Grade 417 Model 4

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Elgin Grade 554 15j YGF c1942

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
I don't have any of those exotic watches. So it must be time for another Hamilton. Looks like it is a 1948 Model, J419774, 982, 19J

Bill Carlson

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Delgard Swiss 1j Pin Lever Movement

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
An old Bulova, I think...

Bill Carlson

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Bill that's very nice case on that Bulova above.

Bulova 17j 10K RGP Bezel / SS back c1950

Correction: I lied, further research in a 1962 Bulova ad indicates this watch to be a Bulova President c1962.

2nd Correction: The aforementioned Correction was a lie also. It is really a c1962 Senator.

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Wayne, Surprisingly, the case is real nice and the watch runs really well.
I have a few round Bulova watches that I suspect they were made in the late 50s and early 60s. This is one of them. Most are all similar looking to me. Is there anyway to date them?

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
This is a thick, heavy and hard to read dial. It runs great and is a winder. I have no idea when it was made.

Bill Carlson

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Bill, you can date your Bulova with handy charts at this site: http://www.mybulova.com/bulova-date-codes

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Thanks Wayne. I'll give it a look.

Bill Carlson

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Benrus 17j c1930

posted
A family of Illinois Marquis'

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Illinois, Andover c1932-I sent the watch back to the seller to fix (couldn't wind the movement without vice-grips Mad). After the fix the seller took the watch to a post office for shipping. The tracking shows that it arrived at a Sacramento post office & disappeared.

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Movement & Case Numbers.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I collect C.H. Meylan pocket watches, but I could not resist getting this C.H. Meylan wristwatch. It is a Tiffany PL in an 18k Cress Arrow case.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Back

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Movement

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
I hope your Illinois show up Wayne. Its too nice to loose and you would hate to loose faith in the USPS.
That Tiffany has the looks of LUXURY. Nice !!

Bill Carlson

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Ethan your Tiffany-C.H. Meylan wristwatch is too nice too wear. Quite a Beauty.

Wayne