• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Show us a wristwatch made before 1950 in your collection "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1550
posted
I guess you could call this the "first" wristwatch. Small ladies size pocket watch in the wristlet strap. What a nice gift for the "boy" off to war. Circa 1916

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
I aquired this West End Segundus after admiring the one on page 10. I have not received the watch as yet. Werner can you give me any information as to year manufactured & any other info specific to this watch? The movement doesn't have a bit of stamped information on it. The outer case back No.is 26305. The inner case back has the letter A in the center and above it is the No.5227. It has dust cover with nothing on it. Thanks in advance for any info.

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
3 little Trojans all in a row..

But if one little Bulova Trojan was to accidentally fall

That's assuming the 1925 plain fronted one is a Trojan?

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
The center watch without the engraving is a Spartan. If the engraved beauties are dated prior to 1928 they are Trojans. In 1928 the watch named Trojan was changed to Conqueror.

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
Longines Weems 1942 Pilots Watch.

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Member 1183
posted
Here is one of my favorites, a circa 1928 Hamilton Coronado in a 14K case with enamel bezel. One of three solid gold models with enamel bezels introduced by Hamilton just prior to the Great Depression; the other two being the Piping Rock and Spur.

Posts: 2121 | Location: St. Peters, Missouri in the USA | Registered: September 17, 2008
posted
Came in the post this morning...Helbros
Chronograph, made towards mid/end 40´s, in the fifties the minute totalisor had the three minute indication (3-6-9) for telephone takting.
I had to take the strech watchband off, it was an epilator par excellence Big Grin
I had a nice watchbox, may not be the correct one for the watch, but sure looks good Wink

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
looks just lovely,like it belongs there Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
NICE!! Razz

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Very nice. Box looks like it was made for it

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Werner nice box. I would not try wearing this watch to war as the pushers have NO seals at all. Of coarse you all ready know this as knowledgeable as you are.

This design would leave a very bad taste in your mouth the first time you washed your hands in the water. Or you got caught in a down pour and your watch was ruined.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
posted
Thanks for the warning Eugene, I´ll just wear it when the sun shines, I´ve got enough others to ruin Wink

posted
I´ll try this today;
18Kt OMEGA COSMIC TRIPLEDATE MOONPHASES CAL. 381, Ca. 1949.

posted
Something slightly more rugged than of late,

A "Bulova" A.F.U.S.Army Type A-11.
Three piece case, coin edge and a beautiful timekeeper

Posts: 11 | Location: Linlithgow in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2012