Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Hamilton 999 18s question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mike Rouse
posted
Just picked up a 17 j 18s Ball Hamilton 999 . Serial number 585674 . Double roller . Saphire pallets Adj 5 Pos . Correct Ball silveroid Keystone Swing Out Case . What am I looking at . Cant find much info .... thanks

Posts: 496 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: March 08, 2009
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
you looking at 1908 watch

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Mike Rouse
posted
Sorry , forgot to say I had the year , How scarce is this.......... Anyone. thanks

Posts: 496 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: March 08, 2009
posted
I haven't kept track of the Ball Watch Co 18 sz but while not rare, they are fazed out around 1915 as they were displaced by the 16 size.

Plenty of info here in the research forum on the earlier Ball and co

Ball & CO

You might also want to check the pinned thread on later Ball images later images

happy hunting

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Mike,

What you have is a very worthwhile watch, but as Bill said, it is by no means rare or scarce. In fact the 17-jewel Ball-Hamilton Grade 999 Official RR Standard model is the most common of all the 18-size Ball railroad watches.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Mike Rouse
posted
Bill and Ed. Thanks ........ Mike