• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Official" Show us your Ephemera thread! Let's have fun! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is the backside.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
View of Hamilton factory from 1939 Shareholders Report.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
RARE OLD PICTURES FROM THE COMPANY ALBUM

1.) Personnel of the Balance Department on the company lawn one sunny noon in 1900.
2.) Picnic group of formen and job bosses snapped in one of Lancaster's sylvan dells in 1901.
3.) The Machine Shop as it looked in 1902.
4.) Another lunch hour in 1903 found this group "watching the birdie" outside the factory.
5.) It was a hot day in 1906 when this Finishing Department picnic was held.
6.) Work stopped at the Train room benches when this picture was taken in 1907.
7.) But some kept right on working in this picture of the Jeweling and Stripping Department taken in 1907.
8.) These 12 size Finishers seem to have finished for the day in this 1916 masterpiece.

From the 1943 50th anniversary Stockholders Report

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is my latest little bit of Illinois memorabilia. It is reverse painted (printed?) on glass, and it is still in transport. Hopefully it will survive the trip Eek

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the photo showing the date.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
My Illinois advertising piece arrived safely. The four spots where the gold paint had peeled over the years looked pretty bad, so I decided to fix the situation. After much mixing, and remixing, I finally managed to get a metallic gold that was pretty close to the original background. The four bad spots were touched up, then off to the frame shop it went. I just got it back a few days ago and it now resides in a prominent position on the wall over my workbench. I love looking at it everytime I enter the room.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That is Awesome! Can you scan it so the rest of us can at least enjoy a print?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Dave, Being that I don't have a scanner I think the best I could do is email you a higher resolution jpeg of what you see. Being over 22" long, it probably wouldn't fit on a scanner, plus I wouldn't want to take the chance of scratching that new $87 frame. This came from an architectural surplus house that sells signs, stained glass windows, etc. on eBay. They actually charged me $75. to ship it because of the packing required to protect the glass. Did you happen to notice the spelling of "authorized?" If you can't see it in my photo, they spelled it "authorised" — maybe that was correct back in 1925 Big Grin

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That 1921 picture was already a "nostalgia" item then. The Locomotive is in the 4 decades earlier Baldwin 4-8-0 family of heavy haulers c.a. 1885 popular in the Eastern U.S. Mountain runs.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Dave, on the big light in front of the stack there is a CP logo. On the coal car there is a "C" then the number "22," then a "P." On the hump on top of the engine is the number "29." Do you think this indicates Canadian Pacific?