• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Official" Show us your Ephemera thread! Let's have fun! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is a small Elgin parts box

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
...and the paper inside

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
Here is another parts box

posted
The Paulson paper inside the above

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Here's a neat Balance staff teaching aid.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Next

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Final
Brian C.

posted
Here is my Ball clock.

posted
As you can see, the seconds hand has fallen off, and I haven't figured out how to get it apart yet. Here is the simple working mechanism.

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Some really nice stuff here!

This is one of my favorite pieces of true ephemera, something that was made to be disposable, that should not really have survived. Just a scrap of paper. Why the jeweler didn't toss the paper in the bin is a mystery. But here it is today.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Here is a paper found inside of my wife's great grandfather watch case certifying the case to be manufactured under James Boss Patent.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Here is South Bend Watch case for a grade 343.

posted
I have a few of those movement shipping cases,that I have picked up over time. Here are some of the 18 size ones. Two Elgins,one Waltham and the heavy looking one isn't marked,but it looks to be solid silver.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
One of the Elgin ones has the original tin box that it clamps inside.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Another Studebaker watch fob:

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
Ernie - I've always thought the watch cases that had the original papers still inside were a little bit of a wonder. I bought a watch once (and only once) of a brand I don't collect just to have a watch with the watch case paper still there inside. Smile

And the movement holders! Oh I love them. I would say they are almost pure ephemera, being incidental to the product they were associated with and disposable and yet probably the most durable and potentially useful. I collect them (too many at this point) and use many of them to store watch parts, especially screws, jewels and the little collections of "desk scrap" that build up from time to time. Here's how I usually use them:

Quite useful! It's a lot easier to find the part you need when the container has glass top and bottom!

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted

One movement holder piece of ephemera I especially like is this shipping box for watch holders. Personally I had never seen one before I acquired this one. Has anyone else seen one of these? Does anyone else have one of these? If so, pics plz. Smile

Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
An original South Bend Watch Co. Pin

posted
Here's an Elgin sign on glass.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Ball Watch Company Silver tea spoons

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Ball Advertisement for teaspoons from 1915 Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers Journal

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I like this one quite a bit because it's a very early shot of Lissauer and Sondheim's store at 29 Maiden Lane. Long before any thought of my Pansy's were in the workings.

Sheila

Lissauer-w

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
An Illinois wooden shipping box, that was on eBay

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Crescent Watch Case Company Unused Watch Paper 1899

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Another Crescent Watch Case Company paper from 1898

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Here's a wooden pocket watch I have, (solid wood). It's the same on both sides. I've seen electric clocks with the same dial. I wonder what this block of wood was used for?

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Brian

I have one of the electric clocks with that dial.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Here's a counter display for the Wadsworth Automatic Wind Watch

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Pic #2

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
quote:
Here's an Elgin sign on glass.

Steve, there was an antique store north of me that had a pair of wooden store front doors from a razed jewelry shop that had that Elgin sign on one glass pane, and a 'authorized Waltham watch sales and service shop' sticker on the other. They were definitely from the early 1900's, and the doors were priced at $2000.

The last time I went in there, I saw the doors, but noticed both glass panes were gone! Long story short, the antique mall owner decided to redecorate their stall, and knocked both doors over, breaking both panes. They were the ONLY panes of glass broken too! Frown

Needless to say, the price dropped from $2000 to $500...and even THAT was a stretch. They were still identified as coming from a jewelry store, but there was nothing left to separate them from any other old set of door out there. Sad.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
A bronze Hamilton advertising sign.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
A Hamilton 992 movement holder for the Canadian market.