Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Polishes? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of David Johnson
posted
How about some input on the types of metal polishes you prefer. I have three different types that I use each with varied results but have found nothing that stands out above the rest.

For those of you that polish your cases, what is your polish of choice?

Posts: 606 | Location: Dade City, Florida USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
I use Simichrome Polish. It containes no abrasives so it will not cause too much wear on the gold and leaves a protective finish behind. I have found this to be the best so far.

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
I use this metal polish. Can be found at Wall-Mart . Especially great for gold (they also make a product for silver only, although I haven't tried that one). I then follow it up with a jewelers polishing cloth. I like it because it is non-abraisive and easy to use. Just follow the directions.
Good luck.
Wink

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I use the Simichrome polish also. I usually follow up with my jewelers cloth which brings everything up to a brilliant shine.

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
I like "Flitz" Metal Polish and Fiberglass Cleaner in the squeeze tube.

You have to search around for it and it ain't cheap but it does a very nice job.

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of David Johnson
posted
I too use Simichrome with pretty good results. I also use a product called Maas polish but it can be a little stubborn to remove as you don't let it haze up. You remove it wet then buff. This is a little problematic with deeply engraved cases.

I'll have to give the Flitz polish a try.

Any others?

Posts: 606 | Location: Dade City, Florida USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
David,

I find the Flitz to be really good also. I tried some at Johns and it works very well. I use the Simichrome because it is available at the local Ma & Pa hardware store. I try not to patronize the "Big Guys" whenever possible.

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002