Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Navigational Watch Case "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
quote:
Boy would I love one of those to add to my collection.

Michael, where´s the problem? Aviation Sextant Bubble Type AN-5851-1 Aircraft

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Member 1550
posted
Female, and she sleeps in the same bed as me. Thanks for letting me know though! It is my 13 yr wedding anniversary today...maybe she will be kind. Doubt it.

She would say "Does this thing tick tock too!" I keep all my watches, chronometers and tick tock things in the bedroom and the ticking and tocking echos in the room at night.....drives her nuts. I love it. Big Grin

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
posted
Congratulations on your 13th...
here´s one more to be considered! Bendix Aviation World War II Bubble Type Sextant AN-585

Just give here a kiss on the cheek and say...look darling, what I´ve just bought us for our wedding anniversary! Big Grin

posted
quote:
She would say "Does this thing tick tock too!" I keep all my watches, chronometers and tick tock things in the bedroom and the ticking and tocking echos in the room at night.....drives her nuts. I love it. Big Grin

Threaten her with...If I can´t have my SEXtant, then I´ll just buy a Vienna chiming Regulator...by the way, I´ve got two of them Large Vintage Style Vienna Regulator Chime Wall Clock and now we have separate bedrooms Big Grin

IHC Member 1550
posted
Yes a Vienna chiming regulator....just what she's always wanted. I think she would rather have the SEXtant or a good book even more. Good advice Werner. Thanks

By the way....how many years for you guys?

IHC Member 1550
posted
Here is another example that has recently sold on eBay for a hefty price. No doubt the silver cased 4992B had the most to do with the final bidding amount. Never seen a wooden case like this one before. Regards to all.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300612...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

IHC Member 1550
posted
Tag info

posted
That was a steal at that price. It seemed to have slipped under my radar!

IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
Picture of Scott A. Whittey
posted
Aloha

I have to agree with Werner the seller gave that piece away very very good deal! Eek

Aloha Scott

Posts: 293 | Location: California City, California USA | Registered: May 05, 2005
IHC Member 1550
posted
Here is another one for all you guys with money!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140629...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Nah Michael you're wrong!! That one is for those who think they have money !!! This one is for those who really have $$$$$$ Eek Big Grin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamilt...&hash=item2eb8ecb9c3

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1550
posted
Yes Tom, this is in my watched list and in my dreams as well. I believe you have a similar box to the one in the auction correct? I'm sure Werner has plans for this auction to add into his museum. Regards, M

posted
Actually Michael, the one you linked to is rather special, although it´s just made of base metal and not silver, it has THE signed book from Marvin Whitney and the metal carrying case that comes with it!
Only two things stop me from bidding on that one.
1.He doesn´t take PayPal
2. Germanys not the favourite candidate to become the 51. state, Puerto Rico is! (The seller only sells to the States)
quote:
I'm sure Werner has plans for this auction to add into his museum.

I´d have to ask my superiors if there are still funds left in the coffers, as expendetures were heavy and the budget´s been blown for this year. Wink

IHC Member 1550
posted
Actually Werner, if you read carefully I was refering to the watch Mr. Brunton mentioned and linked in the responce before. Regards.

posted
Yes I know you meant the latter one...Thats what the bottom part of my reply refers to! The first one could have been paid from the petty cash Big Grin

IHC Member 1550
posted
Ah yes the petty cash fund. I never know what to spend mine on. Frown

IHC Member 1550
posted
Hello everyone, I am looking for a contract tag for a Hamilton Navigational Watch Box pictured below. I just purchased a box in pieces and am in the middle of it's resoration and it is missing. Any one out there with one with no intention or desire to use it please contact me. I can use all the help I can get on this project. Thank you all and hope all had a plesant holiday. Michael

IHC Member 1550
posted
Hello all,

Here is an eBay deal that does not come around so often. I saw the auction and spotted the .800 silver 4992B markings on the case back and the navigational watch box as well(not such in great shape). After a quick restoration, the box came out great and scored my self my first Hamilton 4992B in a .800 silver case for $405.00! Works great and is keeping just as fine time as my freshly serviced timepieces. Serial number off of the movement gives this timepiece a "finished" and "sold to" date to the US Government on May 31st 1944 (64-1067). The deals are still out there! Regards, Mike

Deal of the century here!

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Nice one Michael! Way to go! You stole that one or just think of it as an early Christmas present!.

John III

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
IHC Member 1550
posted
Thanks John. I told a friend I would not do it but I just have to post a few photos of the box before I restored it. Here are just a few:

IHC Member 1550
posted
Side view. Looks like someone had some fun with a hammer and missing glass. Eek

IHC Member 1550
posted
All Neoprene shock absorbers were gone.