Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Navigational Watch Case "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Sure as heck should be,I sent it Airmail Jan 18 !!!! Roll Eyes Confused

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1550
posted
Here is another example of a Hamilton Navigational Watch case on eBay right now. It will end soon, but price is climbing. This is the item number: 170597855170

Just click, drag and highlight the item number,right click, copy, and then put into the eBay search. The listing will then come up.

I would love to see more examples of any cases we may have.

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
posted
I would have bid on that one but it says no shipping to Germany! Frown

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Member 1550
posted
Werner, Finding these boxes are quite difficult. In the 4 yrs I have been collecting military watches, cases and things of that sort I have only seen 3 for auction on eBay. They all tend to sell for about the same money- about $500-$650 with the watches. I bought mine in a small lot buy for $100. But it was in such horrible shape I had to restore it. The $100 did not include the watch. But I am happy with the buy and result of refinishment. Cheers.

posted
quote:
Sure as heck should be,I sent it Airmail Jan 18 !!!! Roll Eyes Confused

It came this morning and I´ve started to remove the dried out cusion pads, I´ll post a couple of pictures as soon as it is finished.
Thanks once again Tom.

posted
Tom, here´s a before and after shot, now you smile my proud Jock... Big Grin

by the way, I documented the restoration progress, if anybody is interested, I´d open another thread.

IHC Member 1550
posted
Nice box Werner!!! Just curiosity...what did you use for the shock absorbing material? I would love to see the restoation process and see if it was anything like mine. Just my opinion but I think this thread would work great as the restoration theme of this type box has been since the begining. More pics please!!!!

posted
Michael, the shock absorbing material was my old mousepad Big Grin
The mousepad had a cloth/woven fabric on top which helped when glueing it on, the red colour was dyed black before glueing.
The case was lightly polished with antique wax and done in my way...as much as necessary, as little as possible!
And Tom, the box closes properly now Wink
here are the pictures of the progress;

IHC Member 1550
posted
Congrats Werner! One fine example. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Thanks for sharing these images with us!

Nice job.

Smile

Posts: 5231 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I'm glad that I kept it original and left the fix up to you Werner!! You did a splendid job!! Eek I never got a watch to fit in it. The one my friend was going to sell to me he still has,a silver one. Some day,if he decides to sell it to me ,I'll regret selling the box, Frown but economics dictates that the little guy has to give something up to get something else. Roll Eyes Wink and below is pictured the "something else" Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1550
posted
Here is another example of the Hamilton Navigation watch and case now up for auction on eBay. This case does not have a military contract tag on the front. It just has "HAMILTON LANCASTER. PA. U.S.A."
Did the military use cases without contract tags as I doubt these cases were available for private purchase..
eBay auction link here..

IHC Member 1550
posted
Must act quickly!!!!! Auction ends in hours. I missed seeing this one till almost the very end.

Ebay Auction link

Watch and case went for $810.00!! WOW Eek

IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
Picture of Scott A. Whittey
posted
Mounting case for the model 23

Posts: 293 | Location: California City, California USA | Registered: May 05, 2005
IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
posted

Posts: 293 | Location: California City, California USA | Registered: May 05, 2005
IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
posted

IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
posted

IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
posted

IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
posted

IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
posted

IHC Member 1550
posted
Thank you Scott for sharing these images with us! Great stuff there! Boy would I love one of those to add to my collection.

posted
Scott,very nice pictures of the Sextant, do you know whether the watch mounting is a part of the sextant, or was it a supplementary piece that had to be obtained?
By the way, the Breitling/Wakmann 605A was also used.

Best Regards