• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Character Watches - Have Any In Your Watch Collection? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Adam,
Thank you for the information. I wanted to put this one up on the IHC auction site, but didn't know if it was original or not. Thanks again for taking the time to post the information.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Haven't posted anything on here for awhile and ran across this while digging around today.

The paper is original Bradley artwork for the Cookie Monster Moving head wrist watch. Done is pastels and very nice. I put an image of the finished production model over top the artwork.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
That is really neat to see Adam. I think the minor changes made between the design drawing and the finished product were good ones.

Cookie Monster was played by the same guy who played Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch I believe.
I once sold a Swiss oversize "coach"watch to a gal who worked at the CTW. It was apparently presented to Big Bird to mark some occasion. My 15 mins. of fame!(well, maybe five of it anyway)
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
Cort,

Cool story.

I agree about the changes. It looks less cluttered. I am still looking for the Big Bird nodding head and the Mickey & Pluto if you ever come across them.

I finally found the Mickey & Minnie Disco nodding head last year.

Adam

posted
Hi All, I've recently turned up this 'Tom and Jerry' Swiss watch, complete with box and guarantee sheet.
The watch and strap (band?) appears to have been bought and never used.

Were these fairly common?

Regards
John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Close up of the dial
J.W.

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
View of Watch and Strap (White PVC over mock suede).
J.W.

posted
Close up of uncased Dial.
J.W.

posted
John,

Neat watch! Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been on the road a lot recently. Although not common, they are not rare either. I don't have my information on these at the moment, but if I recall correctly, they were sold mostly over-seas. I have 4 of them, all different and all come from England. They changed the colors on the dials. I will try to find my information and let you know a little more if at all possible. If you are interested in selling, let me know a price. I dont think I have one with a white dial.

Adam

posted
Hi Adam,
Delay ......... gawd,if that's a delay, you must have dust devils swirling behind you all day .... mmmbeepbeeep Big Grin Big Grin

I will be disposing of it, as all my wristie and other unwanted stuff is being turfed out ...... bills to pay Roll Eyes

Would be interested in some history on it, like who licensed which company where to produce and sell what etc ..... and take care of warranty issues? That seemed to be by N&M Advertising Ltd, London, but who did the repairs?
The maker's name on the movement is: 'Gisiger Greder Son' - ever heard of them?

Couldn't put a price on the watch if my life depended on it, I leave that to the collectors Razz

John

posted
John,

My mistake. Been so busy and in a hurry lately, I was looking at the date that you registered January 07, 2006 and was thinking that it was posted a couple weeks ago. Roll Eyes I still haven't registered that it is 2007 Big Grin Now I see that it was just posted.

I will see what i can find and let you know,

Adam