Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The Passing of Larry Buchan (1949 - 2021) "Click" to Login or Register 
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

It is with sadness that we report the death of Larry Buchan.

We created "Larry Buchan's ..."Tales from the Rails" for Larry to educate all of us and the entire world with his knowledge and regale us with his wonderful sense of humor - you will sorely be missed Larry!

https://calgaryherald.remember...ry-buchan-1083030153

Our deepest sympathies are with Larry's family.

Sincerely,

The Riddle Family as well as the
Internet Horology Club 185 Family

Dr. Deborah L. Irvine
IHC Administrative Assistant
Membership and Marts Coordinator

Contact eMail: ihc185@roadrunner.com

Smile

Posts: 5199 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Oh no. I was wondering about Larry the other day when I saw his ad on a dial for sale, then nothing.

Our prayers are with the family. What a loss to the watch/railroad community. Frown

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Rest in Peace, Larry.
You will be missed, by one and all, I'm sure.
I will be re-reading many of your posts.

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Sad to hear this. May you rest in peace Larry.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Member 1357
posted
R.I.P. Larry.

Posts: 4085 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1851
posted
I've certainly enjoyed his detailed posts and generous knowledge.
With high Regards, Thank you Larry

Posts: 207 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado in the USA | Registered: April 23, 2013
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Larry was such a great contributor here!! Rest in peace dear soul.

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
R.I.P. Larry, your contributions to this club and the rest of the human race will be sorely missed. Thank you for all that you’ve done.

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
posted
Very sad to hear this. A super nice guy and a big loss to the community.

Posts: 124 | Location: Ottawa in Canada | Registered: December 21, 2012
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Sad news. Larry Buchan will be missed.

Posts: 1948 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Very sad news to hear about Larry. He will surely be missed.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
That is sad news, Larry's passion for the history
and his hobby will be missed.
May he be at peace.
Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
IHC Member 2030
posted
Rest In Peace . The best collector / fan thanks Larry

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
IHC Member 1338
posted
RIP Larry...Your "Tales From The Rails" is a milestone we will continue to enjoy

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 665
posted
I had good times with Larry, talking watches, especially Ball watches, via this board and by e-mail. I am very sorry to know that we have lost him and I extend my sympathy to his family.

John B Scott

Posts: 209 | Location: East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: December 31, 2005
posted
Rest in peace Larry. I'll miss your presence on the board.

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Sorry to hear this, praying for the family!

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Years ago,while still a working railroader Larry would order things (watch parts etc) from the materials house where I worked. Great to talk to on the phone. Some time back at a railroad time symposium in Rockford Il I was able to meet him in person and got to know him better. Such a wealth of knowledge of railroading and railroad watches. Will not forget him

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
IHC Member 1110
posted
Very sad news, my condolences to his family.It was always a pleasure to read his posts, he will be missed!

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 525
posted
A great loss to our club.

Posts: 106 | Location: North Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: May 05, 2005
IHC Member 1369
posted
Very sad to read of Larry's death. He shared a great deal of info around this forum and his knowledge of Cdn RR watches was greatly admired by me. Thankfully much of his knowledge is on this site. Condolences to his family.

Posts: 542 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 10, 2010
IHC Member 1693
posted
Very sad news. A great loss to the club. Larry was a super nice guy.

Posts: 352 | Location: Southeast Michigan in the USA | Registered: March 22, 2012
posted
A bit late but sorry to hear of Larry's passing, I lost my wife just over a year ago from covid and have been a bit MIA when it comes to watches and just restarted getting involved again, losing a friend or love one tends to leave a big hole in your life.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I’m so sorry to read of your loss, Claude. I was wondering what happened to you. I’ve happy to see you here again. I’ve always enjoyed talking Elgin’s with you.

My best regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
So sorry to hear this Claude, Praying for you and your family.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Life has strange turns, I was working from home most of 2020 because of covid and was getting close to retirement age in 2021 and my wife wanted me to retire so I got lucky and was offered a 52 week severance package beginning 1/1/21 if I finished 2020 out. I had just over 1 month of retirement with her when we both caught covid. So most of the things one always says they want to get around to doing I did. Worked out daily, lost over 60 lbs probably as fit as I was in my early 40's, bought 2 Corvettes, a 2002 yellow hatchback and a 2007 Z06, also yellow, my wife always wanted a Corvette and her first car was a yellow 69 Camaro. Took a bunch of trips, rode my Harley all over the place and enjoy the memories.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Sorry to learn of our missing Brother. Larry & I spent a Lifetime on the Nations Rails in North America !!

God Bless all the Buchan Family in their time of Loss.

regards,
buster beck

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
His legacy is a permanent feature for many of us.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007