Notify
Tools
Meet Me On Crescent Street "Click" to Login or Register 
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Waltham 16 size, 17 jewel. Serial No. 22168506 Manufactured 1918, Model 1908, Grade CRTS, Adjusted 5 Positions, movement marked "Made For Canadian Railway Time Service" Double sunk Bold Arabic 24-hour dial. Cased in Waltham, nickel glass front and back display case. From a run of 100 pocket watches numbered 22168501-22168600, 550 of this grade were manufactured.

posted
Thats a nice, rare one Larry

posted
The rarest of the Model 92 family was the Riverside, available in open-face or hunter configuratiion. According to the Gray Book there were three separate runs totaling some 1700 watches. This example is a 17 jewel, pendant set, first-run variant:

posted
It fronts the standard light Arabic dial with matching spade hands:

posted
The Model 88 Riverside also came in several two-tone patterns:

posted
This example fronts a gorgeous fancy dial in a Silverode case:

Picture of Joseph Boone
posted
That 88 Two tone is a beautiful watch! Very nice.

posted
My favorite Waltham grade is the Appleton, Tracy & Co - mostly because the name just rolls off the tongue, but partly because it came in so many models and patterns.

This Model 83 is fronted by an Arabic dial with outer train tracks...

posted
... which fronts a Holee Sheet example of a stunning gold-flashed 15-jewel Appleton Tracy ...

posted
Some very nice watches . This is my Appleton & Tracy . Private label has Ward written on the face .

Appleton Tracy c1900

posted
I guess in keeping with the theme of the thread I should show my Cresent Street as well . I love the looks of this Cresent Street grade .

posted
16sz 23j Waltham Vanguard Hunter in 14k case

posted
Case

posted
Dial

posted
16sz 23j OF Vanguard

posted
Front

posted
The Vanguard was the Model '92 - in other words, when the new Model 1892 was introduced it was called the Vanguard. As other named grades followed, the Vanguard became one of the Seven Dwarves in the Model 92 family.

posted
It fronts the standard Arabic dial:

posted
The Vanguard was also available in the 16s Model '08, with and without the wind-indicator function:

posted
A 23j 6pos movement:

posted
Factory cased in Keystone's best:

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Nice one Eric!

Smile