Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Closed Topic Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Meet Me On Crescent Street "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
The history of the American Waltham Watch Company is well known, tracing it's roots back to three Massachusetts businessmen in 1850 who had a new approach to the cottage industry of watchmaking. After surviving different owners and several name changes, the company emerged intact from the Civil War to make around 40 million watches, chronometers, and repeaters over the next century. Waltham created some of the most elegant works of mechanical genius in more patterns, models, and sizes than any other American company.

This forum is for showing off your best Walthams, and for exploring the named grades through their various incarnations.

The most dazzling of the Crescent Streets, a 17-jewel straight nickel 18-size Model '83:

posted
Fronted by a double-sunk Arabic dial with spade-and-poker hands:

posted
The Crescent Street was also one of the seven named grades of the 18-size Model '92. Found in several different patterns and jewel counts, this pendant-set example is straight nickel:

posted
Fronted by a bold Arabic dial and heavy spade hands:

posted
The Model '92 Crescent Street is one of three named grades that was also available in two-tone:

posted
Also fronted by an Arabic dial with matching spade hands:

posted
The Crescent Street was also found in both the 16-size 1899 and 1908 models, in different jewel counts, and were available with a wind-indicator function:

posted
This is a 21-jewel variant in a Model '08:

posted
All wrapped up in a factory-signed Keystone gold-filled case:

IHC Life Member
posted
Those are just spectacular.

posted
Thanks, Roger Smile

The Crescent Street was also sent to Canada, where it wandered for many years and finally came back with all those extra numbers on the dial.

posted
This is a M99 Crescent Street, a 21-jewel pendant-set variant with a gold star regulator:

posted
Ensconsed in a Sovereign case with a Maple Leaf for the trademark stamp:

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Wow Eric, your stunning watches and spectacular photos blow me away!

Best Regards,

Ed

IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Eric those are outstanding and your photos are beautiful.

Deacon

IHC Member 1338
posted
Keep em coming, Eric

Photos like that are always a joy to look at.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

posted
I hate to be jealous - especially on a Sunday! But here I sit wishing some of those were mine Eek

I would give a little dignity to those beauties and call them "time pieces", not JUST a watch.

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Beautiful photos of beautiful watches, or like Mike put it. Timepieces!!

Bill Carlson

posted
Thanks, boys. Smile

Doesn't anybody have any Walthams to show?

posted
According to legend, Patten Sargeant Bartlett was Employee of the Month so often that the company named a grade in his honor.

The PS Bartlett was available in both 16 and 18 sizes, and in several jewel counts. This example fronts an Arabic dial with matching butterfly hands.

posted
A 17-jewel PS Bartlett in a Model '83:

posted
The PS Bartlett was another of the seven named grades in the Model '92 family, and is usually found with the "squiggly" Arabic dial.