Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New Helping Hand Presentation Posted "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
For those of you that have been looking for a great little watch repair manual, look no further! Go to the Helping Hand Forum and click on the "TM 9-1575 War Department Technical Manual"

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
You're absolutely right! I've had a copy of that manual for many years and I agree, it is a superb reference. I think it is even better than Henry Fried's excellent repair manual. I believe the TM 9-1575 manual has been reprinted, but originals turn up pretty commonly.

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi John,
I only have Adobe 6 and although I had to wait a while to download and save this book, IT WAS SO WORTH IT! It's a wonderful book, and I'm not even a repairer. I can use it for parts information as well as if I ever want to dig into a watch. I'm still looking for names of parts for watches, and this is fantastic. Thank you so much for the wonderful post.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Excellent addition to the repairer's library John, many thanks for posting it, and for all your hard work!

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Thanks everyone!

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Allerding
posted
Thanks John. This is new to me but looks like a great resource.

Tom

Posts: 139 | Location: Spokane, Washington USA | Registered: August 16, 2005