• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

general use cleaning liquid "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a L and R , three jar cleaning machine.Would the ammonia based cleaner be the best one to start using in this and if it is could i just rinse in naptha after ?
Thanks again.

IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Veritas,
I use L&R Fine Watch Cleaning Solution, amonia based and L&R #3 Watch Rinsing Solution.
Brian C.

pwpartsetc@webtv.net

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Veritas:

I use #111 Ultrasonic Watch Cleaning Solution and Ultrasonic watch rinsing solution; although I manually clean my watches I live in the Ottawa area as well and I buy both at Geneva Watch Materials (130 Slater). The pricing is good as well.

Grant Perry
NAWCC #0157065
Chapter 111
IHC-185 #141

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC Member 229
posted
Are these various cleaning solutions you are suggesting water based or petroleum based....I'm concerned about rust between screw threads and mating parts....I usually work on one watch at a time...I find a simple inexpensive utrasonic jewelery cleaner...does a fine job of cleaning just about any small part or parts...I'm still doing a certain amount of hand cleaning with a tooth brush and pegwood....it's the choice of the best all around solution that has me confused...I understand in the "good old days"...they used to use gasoline

Posts: 148 | Location: Somerville, New Jersey USA | Registered: November 28, 2002
Picture of David Fahrenholz
posted
I use the same as Brian. Be sure not to leave in either solution too long. After rinsing dry right away with a drying box or hair dryer to get a great finish.

Viele Grüße

David Fahrenholz
Fahrenholz Clock & Watch
Timeless Service

Posts: 52 | Location: Fishers, Indiana USA | Registered: June 24, 2003