Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Question about my Hamilton 992B "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all,
Would like the experts here to tell me what I have here, and of course if it is anatomically correct in all ways. I would like to know if the case, hands, dial and whatever else is all correct.
The dial appears to be perfect, no h/l, the hands appears right, the movement exceptionally clean, and the case has minimal if any wear, at present it appears to be keeping RR time, but will not wind it again until it is serviced.
thanks,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted

posted

posted

posted
I believe this to be a 090 dial, Mdl 11 case, and the watch ca: 1946. I just wanted confirmation on what I was reading was right,
Bill

IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Are you feeling ignored Bill? Smile

This is not my bailiwick but from what I read you are correct. Can you confirm the serial #'s?

Mvt. - C143379?

Case - ???????

If you ever come across one made in 1951 I will be interested.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
Hi Lorne,
as a matter of fact, I was kinda feeling that way.
The serial number is C143379 and the case # K110227.
Thanks,
Bill

IHC Member 1541
posted
That is the right date for a Keystone Hamilton case as well. I was hung up on the Wadsworth H and J prefixes but there is a link to the Keystones:

KEYSTONE-HAMILTON CASE A AND CASE 11 DATABASE EXAMPLES YEAR-BY-YEAR

posted
Thanks Lorne,
I had got most of my info from those posts, but just wanted to know if I had read them correctly, and that they should all be on that watch, I've noted in the past especially with the Hamiltons in general and the 992B's in particular, that the responses have been very knowledgable and quick, so I am at a little bit of a loss here.
I appreciate the response.
I don't suppose you know anything about Columbus watches do you. I posted for info way back in June had over 100 views and no one had any info on that watch I guess, so no one replied.
Thanks again,
Bill

IHC Member 1541
posted
Columbus? not really, I have one 15J run-of-the-mill and unless they are higher jewelled nobody seems to pay them much heed.

Frankly, I believe your Hamilton would probably have gotten more attention had you posted the serial numbers at the outset.

posted
Lorne,
Well I will kind of buy into that, but I can see quite clearly the serial number, now the case number is a little fuzzy, but even with my not so good eyes, I could make that out.
Anyhow I'll try not to make more waves, and accept the reason you stated, as for the Columbus, who knows ????
Bill

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Bill, don't feel slighted. I've noticed there are not many around on weekends lately, as I've had questions just hang out there in the air myself on Saturdays and Sundays. I guess folks are either out on the lake or barbecuing. Smile

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
I am just bringing this up again, because I do Know that there are very knowledgable members here about Hamiltons, are my interpetations of the
records correct, and is this watch correct,
Thanks again,
Bill

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Bill,

Your 992B is from 1946 production, so the shouldered Case 11 is correct and and Dial 090 is also correct if it's porcelain enamel.

After 1948, that same 24-hour design with red 13-24 numerals was used on melamine dials, but those would not be correct on a 1946 992B.

I'm moving this discussion to the Hamilton forum, which is where it belongs, with a shortcut to it where it was originally posted.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
That is interesting as I thought the single sunk 24 hour dials in red were military dials.

Still learning!! Smile

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Hi Ed,
It is a porcelain enamel dial,

Larry,
I do not know about the military dials, but do believe this is a 090 dial.

Thanks for the input,
Bill