Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Anyone into the Russian made Molnija's "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
The movement opened up.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Very late style 15j movement in rough finished brass or alloy.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here is another Quartz Molnija hunter cased movement.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Late 1980's.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Hi all. Came across this hunter style with a very vibrant dial.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
And another nice hunter dial.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Latest update to this thread is the another version of these movements has been found. Same pocket watch really, just has Sekonda on the dial and the popular 18j 3602 movement.

Boy did Molnija milk there movements over the years and it seems around the world too!

This one is the popular hunter cased version.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the 3602 movement, most likely from the 1970's.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
And here is the open face model. The famous pair of red wings under the Sekonda name shows wear, but you can see that this dial layout has been used many times over the years with the other names on it such as Marathon.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here is a Marathon that has the look of the Sekonda above. From what I know this version of the Russian Molinja was sold here in Canada in large numbers in both open face and hunter.

R. Glenn

posted
Molnija supplied the open face 3602 model to quite a few companies and organisations.

I have examples 'badged' for the following :-

DIFFERENT NAMES ON THE DIAL – OPEN FACE MOLNIJA

ADANAC,
CORSAR, JEAN CARDOT, CORNAVIN, COMPTOIR GEVOIS
DIAMANT,
ELVIA,
FN
HELBROS,
INGERSOLL,
PIERRE JACQUARD,
KAMATZ, KRASNIKOF,
LACKAWANNA,
MARATHON, MOLNIJA,
ORIOSA,
PARAT,
REGUS,
SEKONDA, SERKISOF, SERVICES, SIGMA, SLAVA,
TRELAWN,
ЧАЙКА, 3КСПРЕСС,
STERILE DIAL.

I have seen others, but the asking price exceeded my budget.

Posts: 16 | Location: Huddersfield, United Kingdom | Registered: September 04, 2010
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Hi all looks like I got me a Molnija pw
but please let me know if I'm wrong

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
picture of the back cover.

posted
and the movement got only markings for 17 jewels and S/N

IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Peter.
Yes, you've got yourself a Molnija. If you look at the post just above yours that Julian wrote you'll see the name Lackawanna. Try Google Lackawanna and you will find some additional info. Apparently it is both a city, a county, a steel mill and a railroad but in different states.
Regards, Krister

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
posted
yes I did google Smile just why did molnija did not
mark ther own product? must be the Russian thing.

IHC Life Member
posted
quote:
must be the Russian thing.

Nah, I wouldn't say that. There are a lot of private labels among American watch brands too. But Molnija also made watches under their own name. I have a few of them myself and if you go back in this thread you'll find a number of others.
Regards, Krister.

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
posted
Thank you Krister for the information.

posted
A number of years ago I was in Odessa. At that time Soviet Union was seeking hard currency because of the weakness or the ruble. I bought a 3602 in the hard currency store for $11.00. Soviet citizens were not allowed to buy in the store.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
I remember those stores and buying wranglers not watches hehe back when I was still living in Poland.

posted
I have several Molnija Russian pocket watches, both early production and later production.

They are all good reliable time keepers, but the early model movements are finished much better.

They are interesting in the fact they have such bold and varied decorations on the cases and dials.

Posts: 301 | Location: Ogallala, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: August 27, 2005