Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Anyone into the Russian made Molnija's "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Frank: I found the paper work that came with watch from Odessa. I can't read it of course, but it does confirm that my watch is a 3602 with 18 jewels. I could copy it if you wish and mail it to you.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
That's okay Jerry, it's probably the same as the papers I have (I did buy some that had some paperwork). I'm more interested in just a simple pic of the movement. Nothing super high detail. I just want to see if there's anything that they've changed.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Frank: Here is a picture of the Molnija movement!

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
Well, it ain't purty, but looks much better that the last ones in 2007.

And so it shall be said, "The last great and longest continuously operating American Watch Co. closed it's doors in 2007." R.I.P. Dueber.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I bet old John C. would have been amazed at the path his company took, and where if finally ended.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Jerry any chance I could get a copy of that paperwork? There was a seller on eBay about a year ago that was selling loads of the 3602 with 18J that came boxed and with paperwork and a chain.
They all sold for way too much, so I just passed.

His lot were the last ones being produced after a very long run.

Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
A Tank or Helicopter Clock might be interesting. I've got one here.

posted
Roland, I have a few of the papers with instructions and serial numbers also if you need copies.
Frank, nice clock you have there. How do you post more than 1 photo on a page like you have done?

Here are a few with papers..I have many left with the chains, papers etc that I purchased years ago, they are interesting.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted

posted

posted

posted
I have just acquired a cabinet to hold/display some of my pocket watches. Apologies for poor quality image but it was a night shot with room lights only.

All but a few in the bottom right hand corner (of the lower tray) are 3602 Molnija open face, 'badged' in the names of other companies/organisations.

Top tray are mostly Cortebert watches for Turkish State Railways,

Posts: 16 | Location: Huddersfield, United Kingdom | Registered: September 04, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Great display case! Nice Molnija's too.
Here's my latest with gold hands and that classic train on the back with Serkisof. At this point they would place anything on the dial of cases to sell as commemorative watches.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
The back.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Well this was an interesting find. I opened the back cover to find an inner dust cover and with English words. The overall weight of this Molnija is about the same as the hunter cased models.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Close up of inner cover.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
The movement is the standard 3602 with 18 jewels and pointer style regulator.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Came across this Molnija on the bay. Its your regular late model hunter case with an American theme, but it also plays the National Anthem when you open it. Check out how that is accomplished.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
the back

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
The dial. Note how the "3" isn't turned like most hunter set watches are.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Now the musical movement.

R. Glenn