Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Anyone into the Russian made Molnija's "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's an image of what the 3602 movements looked like from about 1980 up till the company closed in 2007.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
You can see how cheap they became the "18" jewels are hard to even see, and the movement is now marked RU for Russia, where before they were marked SU for Soviet Union.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here is an image of the very last style of 3602 open face that was sold in 2007. They now show in English, Made in Russia and sold for about $200.00 brand new if you can find them. I found this info at www.molnija.ru

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the back of same 2007 watch which they call "Crystal" as the model. Looks much like the old style from the 1950's.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
They also made a skeleton version of the 3602 Caliber.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the rear of this model. I have also fouind out that the early 15 jewel models were caliber 2602 and that 18 jewel was 3602.

R. Glenn

IHC Life Member
posted

Well,what more do you need? Simplicity in it´s purest form.
You just can´t wear them out, can you?
Regards Krister

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
posted
You're not wrong Krista, same with Lada's Big Grin

Used to use one of those tanks as a workhorse decdes ago until it fell apart, then upgraded it to a Mokvitch estate to cart all my Snap on toolcab's around.
If you think Subaru boxer engines sound snorty, try a Moskvitch at full chat Big Grin Big Grin
Awful things to haul around though, need arms like Arnie 'I'll be back' to do a 3 point turn!

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
John
There is at least one upside to that. You don´t have to spend money on those fancy gyms, that´s for sure.
Speaking of Subarus: They do sound very nice and powerful when in race trim, don´t they?
Regards Krister

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Finally found an image showing the last version of the popular hunter cased Molnija's. This is a Quartz date movement from the late 1980's.

Roland.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the movement.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Same Quartz but without date. Same late 1980's

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here are some images of the oldest Molnija I could find. It's a 1948 made in the 2nd quarter and called Salut as the model. It's on theBay but way way over priced at asking $180.00
Sure its the second year of production from when factory number 2 opened in 1947, but it's still just a Molnija really.

What do you all think it's worth?

Roland.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the movement showing build date stamp. It is boxed, but is it even the box this pocket watch came in?

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Last image showing the box.

R. Glenn

IHC Life Member
posted
Roland
It could be the right box. It is after all made in factory #2 in Moscow and so is the watch. But if there are no numbers, you can´t be absolutely sure.
As for the value it´s up to you of course, but I would hesitate to pay more than around $50 even if the box is the right one. After all it´s not the only one made and remaining.
Regards Krister

posted
Rolan and Krister, I recently unearthed a few original Russian watch parts catalogues, I'll check and see if any of these calibres are listed, not sure if they're just wristwatch related.

BTW, have you noticed how Thin Russian movements are compared to Swiss ligne sized equivalents!
Only movements I've seen that thin are Peerless IWC's - and an un-named 'Rolex/Cortebert' that I've still not postively ID'd.

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
John
Can´t say that I have, but now that you mention it, they really are thinner than most. The few Russians that I have are cased in those sturdy bulky cases that can take almost any abuse. The exception is perhaps the Ruco I posted above. You don´t think of the movement being slim in such cases.
Regards Krister

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Hi John, yes very thin and so similar to a 1930's Cortebert that I had about a month ago.
As for that 1848 Molnija, it went for 125 and hope that buyer is happy as that just is too much for what these pocket watches should get even with a tatered old box.

Well at least I was able to get the images of it before it went.

Roland.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's a picture of my first quarter 1950 Molnija Caliber 2606 15J. It has a nice striped demaskeening that my 1951 doesn't.

R. Glenn

posted
I have been collecting open face Molnijas for several years. The collection is in two parts.

Case back design ... and 'Badged'

Case Back Designs

Posts: 16 | Location: Huddersfield, United Kingdom | Registered: September 04, 2010
posted
the badged collection

Posts: 16 | Location: Huddersfield, United Kingdom | Registered: September 04, 2010