Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gruen Assamann First One Ever Made?????? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I have a Gruen by Assamann that has a serial # of 62000 Mr Goldburgs is marked 62001 is supposedly the first one ever made. I need to know if any one has a Gruen Assamann with a serial # that ends in 0 and I'm trying to figure out what if any #'s are on the inside plate.

Any thoughts

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
My watch has a # 2 on the inside of the plates when the watch is apart. Would 2 be the last # in the serial # since 0's are not #'s. Does any one have a Gruen by Assamann that has a 0 as the last # and if so what is # on the inside plates. As in 62890. Is the # a #9 or a # 0. The oldest Gruen UP TO THIS TIME that I can find is the 62001 and mine is 62000

Mine has a # 2 on the inside of the plate.

IHC Life Member
posted
One more photo.

posted
If you go to the link below, there's a lot of Gruen information, but mostly on the Veri-Thin types.

The second link is a topic on Gruen types in general, try posting your on there too.

Sorry I can't help personally, as I've never had my hands on any of these watches at all.

John

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...91010082/m/611100122

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...91010082/m/605108602

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
mmm, I do not know much about Gruen but the “Earliest KNOWN” watch seems to be 62,001 with the serial numbers starting “around” 62,000. That would lead one to believe that you now have the earliest known and possibly the first. Please keep this topic updated as you gain more information about this historically significant watch.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
I am still looking if any one else has a Gruen Assamann.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
yah,I got thoughts,"I wish it was mine" LOL Big Grin Smile Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Don't know tons about Gruens, but have come across a "2" stamp before and I was led to think that meant the movement is/was a Model 2.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
I'm still looking for someone else that has a gruen by Assamann to compare it with. It needs to end in a 0.

Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I looked in my data base for earlier Gruen Serial numbers. I have numbers starting with 21,933. but here is the confusion about Gruen numbers. They started renumbering with each reorganization. I don't have any Gruen Assamann watches identified in the database. I do have numbers 62,001 and 62,609 listed. So, it sure looks as if you have the earliest watch produced for D. Gruen & Son.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008