Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 99 Bridge Model Question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 525
posted
Just a winding indicator away from a Premier Maximus ?
Looks like this was made for the UK with the DS dial with Roman numerals & flat crystal in a Dennison case. Not much damaskeening probably because of lack of surface area but lovely winding wheels. I believe they were made in a seperate department @ Waltham & strangely you had to write to them for the selling price.
Anyway, I think it looks first rate & its running to within a second or two a day.

Posts: 106 | Location: North Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: May 05, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Administrative Note: When you start a topic and wish to add a second image, just click "reply to post" then type your comment and use "CLICK TO ADD IMAGE OR ATTACHMENT" as you would to add an image in any other posting. Wink

And here is Derek's number 10552296 movement...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Beautiful watch and a hard too find item. These were the same movements sold to Howard for their 23 jewel bridge models. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 1110
posted
Wow that's a nice Waltham!I didn't realize they had press-fit gold settings way back then at 10 mil.serial #'s.Thanks for showing it, Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
All the early Hamilton 16-size bridge movements (such as 944, 950, 952, 960) are also very similar to this.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004