• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

J.G.Kapp watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
does anyone know how i can find some information on a watch i have --- J.G.Kapp, Toledo, Ohio. i think it's an Illlinois watch. size 16, 17 jewel, M-4,G-186 double sunk dial #1,409,980 c.1900

thanks
marnie

Posts: 823 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: May 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Marnie, I looked this up on the Database and there is a message that details about this 100 piece run are not currently known.

I suggest you get pictures and descriptions together to help us all figure it out.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Marnie,
It sounds like a private label perhaps for an individual. Is the name on the dial & mvmt. or just one Confused
But it should be a 17J 3FB getty model watch that is lever-set, right Confused
It may be of help to include picture[s] to perhaps help with ID on your watch. We have a couple super~slueths on this site that can do wondersEek
regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
There was a James G. Knapp in the 1930 Toledo census that was listed as a a manager of a chain store. He was born about 1880 in New York state.

(PS. This is wrong, see Bill Kapp's post below)

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
We kinda touched on this subject a while back!

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...=800109002#800109002

happy hunting,

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Thanks Bill you are right, I goofed up on this one, I searched for KNAPP & not KAPP, so it would probably be the one I found in the earlier post. Thanks for remembering.

Tom

posted
Tom,

Kind of easy for me to remember any posts dealing with "KAPP".

Your misspell reminded me of some of the unpleasant duty rosters that I was able to avoid in the Army because even though my name was printed on my fatigues, at least half the time the rosters would have it spelled knapp.

happy hunting,
'

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Bill

Yeah, I don't know what it is but whenever I see you last name my mind adds an N to it.

I wasn't that fortunate in the Army, with my 1st & last name I was always being called on to the carpet for something else another Tom Brown did.

When I was stationed at Fort Bliss I looked up in the post directory & counted over 100 personnel with my name working there at the same time.

Tom