• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

E. Howard bar over crown design..... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can anyone please elaborate on the history and rarity of these 16s E. Howard Bar Over Crown design cases....

I know they came in three colors(WGF, GF & GGF)but can anyone tell me what movements came in these cases?....

I have seen model "11" and "10" 21 Jewel movements in them....
Does anyone know if the model "O" 23 jewel movements came in them?....Would this be period correct?...

Thanks.... Smile

"It's like deja vu all over again..."

Posts: 871 | Location: Savannah, Georgia in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2009
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
The Series 11 R.R. Chronometer, page 266 in the Fatty.

The series 11 was a more economical version of the Series 10.

Over 20,000 made and Howards most popular R.R. Standard watch. They have a snap on dial that does not fit any other watch.

From what I read these cases only came holding a Series 11 but you may find a series 11 in other Howard cases.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
Lorne thanks for the help but I already looked at the Fat Book and couldn't really decipher from that the answer to my above questions unless I'm reading it wrong.... Eek

Posts: 871 | Location: Savannah, Georgia in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2009
posted
Thanks for the clarification Lorne....
Since I first laid eyes on one of these cases I have wanted one or two or three etc.....
I have the YGF and the WGF examples....Still looking for the GGF.....Smile
I think it was Larry or was it Phil who had one on the bay several months ago and I got outbid.... Mad

IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Robert, if you haven't already seen it this will be helpful Howard Series 11 Rail Road Chronometer Serial Numbers Database

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
Lorne I hadn't seen this before.....Thanks for the link.....
I just received an advert for the model 11 etc. showing the bar over crown....I think this would be helpful to others....I hope....
I will post this under that other heading you linked me to....