• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

watch case [Flag with Star inside] "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have this real nice looking hunter case, and from a previous topic, it has been thought to be a Dueber case, but I could find no follow up on whether it actually was or not. It shows a flag with a star in it, with no other markings. In the previous post it listed it with the word Golden above it. Can this be positively identified as a Dueber case and does anyone know what the composition is of it, plate, filled, etc.
Thanks for any help on this one.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
This is the closest I can find Bill. The date is Apr. 19 1905

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011

posted
Close?

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Bill,

It's a Dueber logo alright, an example exactly like yours is shown on page 58 of Ehrhardt's Trade Mark book.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Thanks Ed and Lorne, does anyone know if it is plated or filled and the content ?
Bill

posted
I have a case with a flag in a star inside the cuvette.The back cover is signed Warranted 25 years,F.W.C.Co.Inside front lid is signed FahysNo.1,14k.So is this a Fahys ,a Dueber or what?I tried to get pictures but it is so shiny they don,t turn out.Regards.Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
posted
Took some quick pictures.Maybe some one can figure this one out.Thanks Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
posted

posted

posted

posted

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Norman your case looks very nice and original but
I see more and more of those frankencases
back cover from one case co. and the dust cover from original case as the outer case get worn out some smart arshes replace the outer cover.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Norm,
Like yours my insignia is on the cuvette, there is no marks at all on either the front or rear cases.
I think that maybe it is a Dueber as most collectors seem to have seen that insignia, and it is in print in the book Ed referred to. My concern was if I go to sell it I want to be correct and not have any hassle.
Yours is a nice looking case, but has 25 yr on one cover 14K on another, so maybe Peter is right with someone putting a case together.
Bill

posted
Hi Peter,I've been looking closer at it and there are no serial numbers on the case.Also compared the Fahys signature to another Fahys case and at the least mine is counterfit.Oh well,its a nice locomotive case.Norm

posted
Hi Bill,I must have been posting as you were.I don't think the case has been tampered with.I think it was made that way.I didn't look real close at it until now and decided it's probably a Swiss fake.I bought it cause it's"Purdy".Norm

IHC Member 1183
posted
Bill:

I have had a number of cases marked like this that have a gold filled appearance but are actually brass with no gold content.

Posts: 2121 | Location: St. Peters, Missouri in the USA | Registered: September 17, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
Hi Bill, as Barry said, this is likely a Dueber brass case.I have an 18s Hunter case with the same mark, mine is brass for sure.I think when these brass cases were made, some had a real thin gold plating on them which wore right off....Regards, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
posted
Thanks guys,
This case is likely the nicest looking case I have, the design is like new, and does look like gold, Likely as you say it might have a thin gold plate. I guess I will just not put a daily carry in it as I don't want it to show wear.
Thanks,
Bill