Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois BLACK 5 Min. Markers on a BUNN !! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I have this quite nice ole dial Roll Eyes

Actually it's grown quite attached to an 18sz Bunn 17RubyJeweled Wavy Ribbon 2nd Pattern HC from 1900 Cool

The question I am posing, is of the dial, of which I have seen one other like this and it was also on a HC model.

As you see it has the 5 minute outside markers. However this one and the one other I am talking about, the 5 minute markers are in BLACK Eek Making it a two color only dial. ALL the rest I can recall seeing the 5 minute markers were in RED.

What might you be able to inform us of the BLACK vs. RED markers, please Confused

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Buster,

An interesting dial.....you would almost always expect to see that Old English style hallmark associated with the gothic numbers and red 5 minute markers. Very interesting.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
posted
The Illinois 17j Bunn models came with the gothic dial with black 5 minute markers one quite a few of them. I think I have three or four bunn 17j with the gothic dial and black 5 minute markers. The 19j and higher seem to all have the red 5 minute markers. I'm sure there are some that have been mixed between the lower and higher bunn grades over the years too.

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Thank you Steve & Jared Smile

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009