Internet Horology Club 185
Illinois BLACK 5 Min. Markers on a BUNN !!

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1086047761/m/597109053

October 18, 2010, 20:28
Buster Beck
Illinois BLACK 5 Min. Markers on a BUNN !!
I have this quite nice ole dial Roll Eyes

Actually it's grown quite attached to an 18sz Bunn 17RubyJeweled Wavy Ribbon 2nd Pattern HC from 1900 Cool

The question I am posing, is of the dial, of which I have seen one other like this and it was also on a HC model.

As you see it has the 5 minute outside markers. However this one and the one other I am talking about, the 5 minute markers are in BLACK Eek Making it a two color only dial. ALL the rest I can recall seeing the 5 minute markers were in RED.

What might you be able to inform us of the BLACK vs. RED markers, please Confused

regards,
bb

October 18, 2010, 23:16
Steve Middlesworth
Buster,

An interesting dial.....you would almost always expect to see that Old English style hallmark associated with the gothic numbers and red 5 minute markers. Very interesting.

Steve
October 19, 2010, 21:16
Jared Brinker
The Illinois 17j Bunn models came with the gothic dial with black 5 minute markers one quite a few of them. I think I have three or four bunn 17j with the gothic dial and black 5 minute markers. The 19j and higher seem to all have the red 5 minute markers. I'm sure there are some that have been mixed between the lower and higher bunn grades over the years too.
October 20, 2010, 15:54
Buster Beck
Thank you Steve & Jared Smile

regards,
bb