Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18s Dueber Watch Co. Watch Info Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
18s Dueber Watch Co. Watch Info Needed

Hi,
Any information you can give me on this one would be wonderful. Thank you!
Picture 1 of 3

Sheila

DueberDial75

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
SN 677416

Sheila

Dueberwks75

posted
Fays Monarch 14k gold filled case

Sheila

Dueberfays75

posted
Hi Sheila, Your watch is an 18S, 15J with a teske regulator. The SN puts it at mfg of about 1889. Although your case is marked 14K, it has the look of a gold filled case, and I believe that all the Fahys Monarch cases were gold filled. I'm sure that other experts can comment on this.

One good screen technique is to close the cuvette (dust cover under the back cover), press gently on the center of it with your thumb. If it gives slightly, it is solid gold. If it has no give to it, it is gold filled.

Tom

posted
Tom,
Thank you for your information.

I did know about the case, and that the Monarch was most likely gold filled, however I also noticed the Teske Regulator, and I really liked the Unusual Dial, so I went for it. Paid way more than I should have, but sometimes you just get a nudge ya know?

Sometimes the most unsuspecting watch will just grab you. I also liked the idea that this one had the Dueber Watch Company on the movement and the Dial. I had not seen many of these either, soooo...........

Thanks again!

Sheila

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Very nice watch Sheila. Love the dial.

The book describes it as: 18s, 15j, open face,nickel, model 3, lever set, unadjusted, grade - The Dueber Watch co.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thank you Tom S. I liked that dial too!

Can you tell me if those screws are correct? look wrong, or just kinda not right to me???!!!

Of course, I don't know this watch either, so let me know, if you know, ya know!!!! Big Grin Eek Smile

hehehehe

Sheila

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Sheila,
Here is a similar movement to compare with yours.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
The screws are correct. Blue steel was used quite a lot on these.

Posts: 87 | Location: Home of Hampden Watches, Canton Ohio USA | Registered: January 18, 2004
posted
Mike,
I thought they were ok, just not real sure, and the one I actually wondered about is the silver one at about the 9:00 position. It didn't look right to me. ??????
What ya think?

Sheila