• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Request for Rockford Serial Numbers from 1-543,000 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1892
posted
Hi Bila: Found another 2 newer ones hidden away.
Serial no. 351433
A)tu-tone plate ie. nickle and gilt,
15 jwl with screw down settings(front plate).
Stem wind & lever set.
2 case screws.
winds @ 12. This is project watc, Missing dial and some wheels.

B)Seriak #: 289597
nickle plate,
15 jwl with screw down settings (front plate)
2 case screws
winds @ 3.
Double sunk dial with "beatle " type hands like watch above.
Movement appears complete but none running.

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks John, just a question or two, are there any adjusted markings on these two, also does the first one 351433 have a "L&P screw".

Posts: 2262 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1892
posted
Hi Bila: First watch has "Adjusted" on barrel bridge and also has "L&P screw".

Second does NOT have either marking. John

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
IHC Member 1555
posted
cheersSmile

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just letting everyone know that we are still chasing numbers for Rockford's up to serial 500,001 if you have any you would like to contribute please let us know, thank you.

IHC Life Member
posted
Bila,
Glad to see you posting again!
I hope all the Hospital trips did the job.
Great to see you back!

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
IHC Member 1613
posted
I have been wondering where you have been....Good to see you post on the group again...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Steven & Gary for your kind thoughts, things have been only very average health wise of late, the wife's as well is not great, but life goes onSmile We are in the process of moving house,so as well all the watch and clock stuff has to be packed so it has been and still is a very busy timeFrown

Best wishes to all our Members for the Festive season and I hope all stay fit and wellSmile

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just bringing this up the list, still looking for numbers, we have some 6,500 now in the database but due to Rockford's convoluted production more are needed to flesh-out most of the deviations they made.

So if you have some stashed away anywhere please forward the serials, description and essentially photos if possible, as we are collecting all sorts of minute data.

IHC Member 1613
posted
Bila is this data base posted on the internet...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
No Gary, not as yet. Was to have some preliminary data up by the New Year but due to ill health, a house move and a few other deaths in the Family in the first quarter of this year most things have gone by the wayside.

Also we have been still chasing numbers, we have 1.32% of the serial numbers in the first 500,000 numbers produced and are trying to get 10,000 or 2%.

This has been a very hard and long struggle to get there. Due to the hundreds of change made by the Company with Models and jewel counts at least 2% will be needed to nut out the discrepancies and miss-information about this Company's Watch Production (things will be re-assessed after we make this target as that might not still be enough).

Rockford production is not like most of the other Companies and due to these changes extrapolation can not be used in areas of the production to make a calculated guess on certain runs of models. Hence the ongoing search for numbersSmile

As well as this we are still trying to nut-out how we want this published and presented to the Collecting World.

IHC Member 1650
posted
Bila

I found another early Rockford in my "collection".

This one is serial# 90291 and is 7 jewels.

You are welcome to use these photos in your publication if you desire to.

Regards

Doug

Posts: 370 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011
IHC Member 1650
posted
Photo #2

IHC Member 1650
posted
Photo #3

IHC Member 1555
posted
Appreciated Doug, CheersSmile

IHC Life Member
posted
Here's an interesting one for you,Bila.
15 Jewel Exposed Escapement. Lever set Hunter.
18s model 6 Serial # 136622

IHC Member 1555
posted
Have that one Steve, but a very Nice Example with the flashier damaskeening than normally seen. Have you had the dial off to confirm Jewel count as 11, 13 & 15 jewel counts have been reported in this batch?

IHC Life Member
posted
Yes, it is 15 jewel. Do you know if the balance staf is the same as any other 18s Rockford, or do I have to turn one up?
Also, have you seen any model 6 with a lower serial number?

Steve

IHC Member 1555
posted
Cheers for the pics Steve, 6 or 7 different staffs for 18 size Rockfords mate, the one you should need for that is a #342. These Model 6's are an odd fish when it comes to production numbers, there are others before yours with lower serial numbers mate.

The Patent date for the design was 1886 and they supposedly did not come to market until a little time after that. So under that scenario it makes a lot of these including yours probably made much later then their serial numbers suggest.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just bringing this up, we now have over 8,500 serials in the database with all sorts of detail, trying to make the 10,000, so still along way to go. Although we have this many serial numbers there still are some large holes in the data and some big questions still to be answered, so this is why we are trying to get more data. A big thanks once again to all who have provided information over the course of this project, if anyone has stumbled across anything new let us know, Cheers

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just pushing this up the list as we are still looking for Rockford data, have hit 8,700 in the search for serial numbers. looking to get 10,000.

Needing another 1300 at least, so if there are still some out there not reported your contribution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again to everyone that already has.

IHC Life Member
posted
Here's one more for the list
18s 13 Jewel model 2 Serial # 140326

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Steve, do you have a dial shot mate and also have you confirmed that jewel count,?

Cheers,
Bila

IHC Life Member
posted
Bila,
Yes, I have confirmed the jewel count, four holes on the back and on the pallet and escapement pinion on the front plate. Same configuration as my other one marked EXTRA.
Private label dial, L.R. & Co.

How many in the list now?

Cheers,
Steve

IHC Member 1555
posted
Appreciated Steve, serial number count is a touch under 8,800, it has been and is a very slow crawl I am afraid to sayFrown

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just on another note Steve, that dial, it appears to be an Illinois dial, can you verify? As I have never seen a Rockford dial with that type of Seconds-bit before.

IHC Life Member
posted
Bila,
Could very well be from a different brand watch. It is a pinned dial with the pin close to 4 ground off.
The other two fit correctly.
When I get it running I'll find another dial.
Are the balance jewels the same top and bottom, or different sizes?

Thanks,
Steve

IHC Member 1555
posted
The hole jewels do have different part numbers Steve, although they take the same diameter jewels for top and bottom balance jewels, the hole jewels have different mounting-flange thicknesses.

Use the wrong thickness and you will end up with either too much end-play or not enoughFrown

IHC Life Member
posted
Bila.

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be something like that.

Steve

IHC Life Member
posted
Bila,
Here's two more for the list:
First a nickel plate model 1 11jewel Key wind and set serial # 40574
Next a model 1 Marked EXTRA, 15 jewel 4 pairs, Key wind and set Serial # 140878
No dials for either of these.

Steve

IHC Life Member
posted
Bila,
One more:
Model 1 Key wind and set 15 jewels 4pairs. Serial # 97332

Steve

IHC Member 1555
posted
Nice Steve, do either of those have dials, thanks mate? Close to another 100 serials also added to the database since the middle of last monthSmile

IHC Life Member
posted
Bila,
No dials on the first two.
Both have bad balance staffs.
Do all the model 1s use the same staff, and what is the part number? Then I'll have to find some.

Thanks,
Steve