Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Any knowledge on this style of case? "Click" to Login or Register 

posted
It doesn't look right on this Hamilton.

I think it is a RR style case, but no clue to what movement should be married up with it.

Thanks

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
posted
NAWCO bulldog type case which if my memory serves me correct were made in Mansfield Ohio.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009

posted
Hi Claude,

Do you think it is a right for 992 series Hamilton?

posted
If the 992 was before Hamilton started factory casing 992's then it would be as possible as any other case for a 992. Many times you will see this type of case used for the Burlington 21j. The company name was North American Watch Co., if your 992 is in the time frame before factory casing I would not have any issues saying it is correct.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Your Case

Here is a little info Jon.

Read what Lindell has to say about it.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
John,
The Hamilton Blind Man dial looks correct and great in the NAWCO HEAVY DUTY Case.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
Here's the Illinois Burltington Bull Dog illustrating the Heavy Crystal. The Bull Dog cases are marked "Bull Dog" meaning only an Illinois Burlington movement is correct.
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010

posted
Larry - Thanks for the link... Occasionally this style of case would pop up on ebay, and it looked really neat and the double back lid system is quite unique.

Richard - thanks for the photo. I bet the green 14k GF case was a looker

Claude - you were dead right (good memory)

posted
John,
Here's my Green 14k GF Bull Dog. Complete with HEAVY DUTY CHRYSTAL by William White. The case is the optional 185 shown above.
RR

posted
Richard,

That is awesome! The dial and the case go hand-in-hand

posted
These are nice cases and a bit unusual because of the screw on dust cover rather than a hinged inner cover. Burlington cases were always signed but I could not remember if the Burlington Bulldog case was marked Burlington or Bulldog or combined. If it is not marked Burlington I would not have any issues with using it with any early 992 or any pre-factory cased Waltham, Elgin, or Illinois movement. Mansfield is about 70 miles directly west of the Deuber Hampden plant in Canton.

posted
Claude,
The inner cover snaps in and is marked "BULL DOG", NAWCO, and The Burlington Watch Co. The screw on outer cover is not marked "BULL DOG".
RR
Inner Dust Cover on the Left: Outer Cover on the Right

posted
Thanks Richard, I have one but unfortunately somewhere through time the inner cover was discarded or lost but I thought it screwed on also since the back screws on.

I have never inspected the pendant but one would wonder if there is some type of packing or such around the stem since the pendant itself is massive.

On some of the watches that I have picked up and you can see how coal dust did work its way inside watch cases and NAWCO appeared to go into the overkill mode to prevent dust from getting to the movement.

IHC Member 1508
posted
Claude,I've read somewhere that the pendant was packed with some sort of moisture absorbing material. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010